Boldin back Oct. 24th - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Boldin back Oct. 24th

Moderator: Football Moderators

Boldin back Oct. 24th

Postby Bmonkey » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:18 am

Do you think he'll do anything when he comes back or will he turn into this years bust because McCown can't throw for shit? Just like Fitzgerald is now a bust and I'm about ready to ditch him

someone offered me An. Johnson/Morgan for Boldin/Collins.

Update: Boldin said he hopes to return to practice after the Cardinals' Week 6 bye, which might make him available for game action as early as Oct. 24, the East Valley Tribune reports.

Recommendation: More likely though, Boldin will come back in one of the team's road games after that, Oct. 31 in Buffalo or Nov. 7 in Miami. We'll keep you posted on his progress. Either way, it looks like those who patiently held on to Boldin will get production from him in the second half of the season.
Bmonkey
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bmonkey » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:59 am

15 views and nobody wants to throw in their 2 cents on whether he'll be a bust or not when he does come back? c'mon people
Bmonkey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:45 am

That's because there is no telling... Personally, in my money league, I am holding onto him... We'll see how he does... But, there are too many X-factors for anyone to give you a really good answer... He'll be coming off an injury into a new system with a new coach, new QB, new #2 WR, etc... There is no way to predict his success or lack thereof...

However, having watched him play for the past 5 years, I can tell you this, the kid is GOOD... He's got mad skills, and when he came back from a major knee injury on the other leg at FSU he came back better than ever...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:20 am

Plindsey88 wrote:That's because there is no telling... Personally, in my money league, I am holding onto him... We'll see how he does... But, there are too many X-factors for anyone to give you a really good answer... He'll be coming off an injury into a new system with a new coach, new QB, new #2 WR, etc... There is no way to predict his success or lack thereof...

However, having watched him play for the past 5 years, I can tell you this, the kid is GOOD... He's got mad skills, and when he came back from a major knee injury on the other leg at FSU he came back better than ever...

I'll second that. I'm holding on to him as well. Boldin was one of the most talented players I've ever seen at FSU... and that's saying something.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Bmonkey » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:24 am

i agree boldin is amazing. but your only as good as your QB and O-line
Bmonkey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:27 am

chief wrote:i agree boldin is amazing. but your only as good as your QB and O-line

If anything, the AZ team is better now than last year, so I'm not sure he will drop off TOO much... He should have some pressure taken off of him with Fitz in there, and I think McCown is every bit as good (or bad) as Jeff Blake...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:18 pm

"Anquan Boldin is running again and looks on track to play nine or ten games this season.
The Cardinals plan on Boldin returning to practice in mid-October, and hopefully playing by the end of the month. It's huge news for the Cardinals offense and Boldin's patient fantasy owners.
Source: Arizona Republic "

The fact that he's running again is huge!!! I'm becoming more and more happy that I held onto him.

*fingers crossed* ;-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:20 pm

josebach wrote:"Anquan Boldin is running again and looks on track to play nine or ten games this season.
The Cardinals plan on Boldin returning to practice in mid-October, and hopefully playing by the end of the month. It's huge news for the Cardinals offense and Boldin's patient fantasy owners.
Source: Arizona Republic "

The fact that he's running again is huge!!! I'm becoming more and more happy that I held onto him.

*fingers crossed* ;-D

Boldin's running again and Chris Rix isn't.... Life is good... ;-D

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Bmonkey » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:22 pm

that's great news. hopefully he does return quickly. The question we all must be asking ourselves is as it gets closer to his return date, should we sell Boldin while he's still HIGH trade bait? Because you know someone will take him even now, if not in a few weeks. And now would be the time to sell him.

cuz IF McCown just can't do the job and Boldin comes back and doesn't get anything, noone will want him, even after just 1 game. his trade value will be shit

hmmm
Bmonkey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby josebach » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:27 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Boldin's running again and Chris Rix isn't.... Life is good... ;-D

You got that right. Know what's funny? Rix can probably park in those handicapped spots legally now. :-)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Return to Football Talk