What's wrong with Santana Moss/ Derrick Mason!!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's wrong with Santana Moss/ Derrick Mason!!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby iloveny18 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:49 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I know! Santana Moss has 0 rec for 0 yds last week! OMG! And he only had 90+ yards the week before! Time to panic!

Moron.

moron? boy your life must suck if you actually take time to insult someone on an internet message board.

santana had only 1 semi-good game and has ZERO tds. it didn't look like he was getting the looks the first 2 games. that's called struggling
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:56 pm

Hugh M. Griz wrote:Makes me think of another guy named Santana who had a slow start to his season this year.

In a couple weeks they'll be handing him a Cy Young.

Sit tight.

Well put. ;-D
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:00 pm

Yeah I think he was a couple weeks behind since he missed a lot of time in camp and preseason. I hope the timing has come back, and he breaks out with a few big games here.

I also think the re-emergence of Martin is taking some looks away from him as well. But in the long run, I think that will help too.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DaChiefs » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:05 pm

santana had only 1 semi-good game and has ZERO tds. it didn't look like he was getting the looks the first 2 games. that's called struggling

or lack of oppurtunity. And since when is 97 yards a semi good game? Are you expecting 200 yds and a couple tds every time?
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby iloveny18 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:13 pm

he didn't get over 100 (which i recieve a bonus for) or get a td and he did get only 4 catches. i saw the game and it didn't look like he was getting alot of looks
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:21 pm

I think a lot of Santana Moss owner's are gonna be in for a surprise this season. He may have had 10 TDs last season with a buttload of yardage, but the way the Jet's offense is shaping up does not leave room for a standout #1 WR.

At the end of last season when Pennington was returning to form and Martin was stepping up his game, Santana Moss dissappeared in a quite a few games. I'm talking multiple games with less than 60 yards and no TDs... When I watched him play, it seemed like Moss was being phased out of the offense as the big play guy. Just look at his stats from last season, they only time he posted "big games" he was getting the same amount of receptions with a HUGE yards per catch increase. I view him as similar to an Ashley Lelie WR(although he can catch the ball well), if he doesn't catch a deep ball in any given game, don't expect close to 100 yards..

Don't get me wrong, Moss is still the top WR in New York and they need a good contribution from him to do well. He's is going to have a few "blow up" type game. But, I don't think he comes close to top10. Remember, this year they added another deep threat target in McCarreins, making Moss an even less integral part of this offense. Don't be expecting a lot of 10 reception games out of the guy, he is simply not that kind of target. In other words, it's going to take quite a few long TDs for S.Moss to reach the 1300/10 level EVER again in NY as far as I'm concerned.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby jaabroonii » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:25 pm

Your question is answered by clicking the link below (no gimmicks)

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=87838
jaabroonii
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:40 am

As for Mason, I think the thing that has hurt him and the Titans passing offense the most is the Calico injury. I think when he comes back, his game breaking speed should loosen the offense up quite a bit.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:53 am

I have Santana Moss, and I'm perfectly fine with him averaging 80 yards a game. Why? Because my entire team is full of balanced players who always get something. They may not light it up, but they always score good points. Expecting someone to get 100 yards and a TD every game is ludicrous (even for Randy Moss, although it does happen a lot). Santana will score TD's, but it might not be as many as last year with the corps of receivers that Pennington now has. But, he should always get his yards, and that's something you can count on.

You'll find (as I have over the past 4 years) that having RB's who average 10 - 15 points a game, WR's who average 5 - 10 points a game, and QB's who average 15 - 25 points a game will win you more weeks than you lose unless the other team has two or three guys that just blow up. I have said this about 20 times this year, but I really want to adopt this as my "fantasy credo":

You only have to win by 1 (or .01) points to win a fantasy head-to-head matchup.

Therefore, if you have a team of consistent week to week players, you don't have to rely on Peyton to throw for 5 TD's or your RB to go for 200 yards and 3 TD's.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:02 am

Calm down, its only 2 weeks, and that weren't even that bad. 5-10 points every week for a reciever is pretty good. Mason's problem stems from McNair being terrible.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk