What's wrong with Santana Moss/ Derrick Mason!!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's wrong with Santana Moss/ Derrick Mason!!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby killiansjmd » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:04 am

Kensat30 wrote:At the end of last season when Pennington was returning to form and Martin was stepping up his game, Santana Moss dissappeared in a quite a few games. I'm talking multiple games with less than 60 yards and no TDs... When I watched him play, it seemed like Moss was being phased out of the offense as the big play guy. Just look at his stats from last season, they only time he posted "big games" he was getting the same amount of receptions with a HUGE yards per catch increase. I view him as similar to an Ashley Lelie WR(although he can catch the ball well), if he doesn't catch a deep ball in any given game, don't expect close to 100 yards.

A big reason for that was the Jets did not have any other receiving options and teams were double teaming Moss. This year with McCariens, a healthy Chrebet and even J.Carter there are more options for Chad so Moss will not be double teamed. I think he is going to be fine and is still Chad's favorite target. I expect him to come out from this Bye week and start posting big numbers.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk