does kerry collins boost jerry porter's value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

does kerry collins boost jerry porter's value

Moderator: Football Moderators

does kerry collins boost jerry porter's value

Postby ODOGG » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:05 am

i read that porter was targeted 9 times and once in the end zone...does this mean porter can finally put some stats up?
ODOGG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aussieboy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:23 am

good question.

They say Kerry Collins has one of the best deep balls in the NFL. Porter's strength is going deep. A lot of people have been disappointed with Porter so far this year. Im not really sure why. Yes he was earmarked as a potential breakout candidate, but I think its a bit much to expect him to start putting up studly numbers from week 1. I suspect Porter is going to benefit greatly if Collins remains to be the starting QB. If there is a disgruntled Porter owner in your league you might be able to get him on the cheap. He's playing Houston this week. ;-)
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JimmyChoi » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:27 am

absolutely...Porter was targeted 9 times by Collins and caught for 84 yards in 3 quarters....against a soft Houston D.....he is a great option.....Im starting him.......Collins is a deep ball threat....it also helps their running game.....because d's won't clog up the middle of the field.......Collins with a good o-line in front of him is good for everything Raiders IMHO
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ODOGG » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:32 am

yeah i have this feeling now that kollins is the main man that porter has a chance this weekend to put some some solid stats up,,,i mean i just picked him up off the waiver wire...i am going to start him over rod smith and eric moulds this week,,,i hope he doesnt let me down
ODOGG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk