Marvin Harrison ready for HUGE game. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marvin Harrison ready for HUGE game.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marvin Harrison ready for HUGE game.

Postby mdHARRIS » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:30 am

Is Marvin ready to start putting up 100 yards and 2 TD's a week or is this NE-style spread offense the new Indy way?
mdHARRIS
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aussieboy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:38 am

I think your right, its only a matter of time before Marvin has a monster game. The Reggie Wayne/Stokley freakshow this week is good for Harrison owner I think.

Opposition teams have clearly seen now that double teaming Marvin is only going to leave Reggie wide open. Sooner or later Reggie Wayne will get some respect from opposition Defenses, and when that occurs, Marvin will benefit greatly.

I think this week could be Marvin's week. The Jags clearly have one of the best run Defenses in the league, the Colts could easily air it out, Jax passing Def is no where near as good as their run Def. If Edge doesnt get the job done, expect Peyton to go to the air lots.

I think the days of Marvin getting 1500 + 15TDs are over. But 1200-1300 yards + 10TD is something he is definately capable of. That's money.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:38 pm

Personally, I'm rather enjoying the Wayne/Stokley freakshow, but it's just a matter of time before 88 has a big game.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:48 pm

I also think Marv will have a good game against JAX - either this week or in week 7. JAX will try and put pressure on Peyton with dif blitz packages, and Marv's ability to read those and hit the opennings will kill JAX. If JAX doesnt blitz then Manning will pick them apart anyway. Either this week or in week 7 Marvelous will get near 150yds.

As for Marv's value - wait until he has that big game if you are trying to decide on whether or not to deal him. The volume of looks to Wayne and Stokely isnt a fluke because of matchups - it should be considered a development of the Colts offense, therefore we shouldnt expect Marv to have as many bigtime games as he has in recent yrs. He will have them, and when he does, his value will shoot back up. When this happens, I would recommend dealing him if you can get value anything near where you drafted him (high 2nd rd).
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Challie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:13 pm

It seems hard to say whether Harrison is due for a big game based on much besides wishful thinking and the law of averages.

Only person with a great guess would be the Jags defensive coordinator ... it all depends on how they try to play things. But based on Jags run-D, Harrison owners shouldn't be worried too much about Edge.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk