WillieG Cut,Confident. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cleveland Browns

WillieG Cut,Confident.

Moderator: Football Moderators

WillieG Cut,Confident.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:40 pm

By Sean McClelland
Dayton Daily News

BEREA | He didn't make Butch Davis' list of top offseason workout warriors, but one look at running back William Green tells you he didn't spend his free time watching soap operas and eating bonbons.

Green's physique is more chiseled and he seemed quicker than ever last week during minicamp, not to mention more sure-handed and confident when it came to catching the football.

"I know the system and I know the plays now," Green said. "I can just work on my game. I don't have to go out there and think. It's more like a reaction. I'm a lot more comfortable than last year."

Green wants to build on what he did as a rookie, when he rushed for 726 yards on 172 carries (4.2 avg.) and five touchdowns over the final seven regular-season games after Davis and offensive coordinator Bruce Arians streamlined the playbook and committed to him. Pittsburgh shut off the faucet in the playoffs, holding him to 30 yards on 25 carries.

"There's definitely still a lot of room for improvement," Green said. "I'm looking forward to seeing how the year's going to turn out. My goal is every time I walk off the field to be satisfied with my performance, and if I can do that I think everything will work out. I'm my biggest critic."

Green will be a workhorse, health permitting. But with Jamel White still around, he might not be used as the prototypical, every-down feature back. The Browns recently gave White a $1.3 million signing bonus and a four-year contract extension for a reason.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joester » Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:59 pm

Move Green up a spot or 2 on your rankings
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Slingblade » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:12 pm

not that much....i just recently got him as a #3RB
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joe_montana » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:46 pm

I read the title and I was all like "Oh snap! Willie Green has been cut? What the hell?" And now I'm all like "Oh, they're just saying that he is all ready for the next year."

Um.....I'm not stupid. Really.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homeless » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:13 am

joe_montana wrote:I read the title and I was all like "Oh snap! Willie Green has been cut? What the hell?" And now I'm all like "Oh, they're just saying that he is all ready for the next year."

Um.....I'm not stupid. Really.

We believe you Joe.....Really ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby t-love » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:31 am

Is Green good enough to be a #1 RB this yr?
t-love
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby slowkidz » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:40 am

Reality says #2, but he could suprise some ppl and actually end up with #1 status by season's end.

I just got done reading that same article GP. So far I think the Browns are coming up with a good off-season and fixing some of those loose ends from previous years. Now we just need to decide on a hillbilly. Personally, I like the one who can complete a sentence correctly....vs the one who likes to date sheep...hehehe
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Return to Cleveland Browns