So, just where does McNair rank among the QBs now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So, just where does McNair rank among the QBs now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

So, just where does McNair rank among the QBs now?

Postby warrick95 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:42 pm

I for one, have never considered him a top 5 QB (C-Pepp, Manning, McNabb, Vick, Hass), but top 10 (around Bulger, Brooks, Favre, right?). Has that changed, even with an average performance vs. an easy Indy defense? And a bad one this Sunday?

Believe it or not, he was DROPPED in my 10 team league (start 2 QB). Yours truly has the first waiver priority and I'm probably going to exercise it.
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Re: So, just where does McNair rank among the QBs now?

Postby Steve_Mac9 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:45 pm

warrick95 wrote:I for one, have never considered him a top 5 QB (C-Pepp, Manning, McNabb, Vick, Hass), but top 10 (around Bulger, Brooks, Favre, right?). Has that changed, even with an average performance vs. an easy Indy defense? And a bad one this Sunday?

Believe it or not, he was DROPPED in my 10 team league (start 2 QB). Yours truly has the first waiver priority and I'm probably going to exercise it.

He hasn't been good so far, but drop him? That's stupid! Pick him up and he'll win you a bunch of games later in the year.
Steve_Mac9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:48 pm

I would grab him in a second. He has struggled early, but this guy is a proven commodity who will eventually rebound.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby josebach » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:20 pm

What's up with the two starting quarterbacks? I can understand 2 RBs and 3 WRs, but 2 Quarterbacks? Different strokes I guess.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby warrick95 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:24 pm

Thanks, guys. I dunno...not my rules. We did 1 QB last year...but the commish went with 2 this year. We also start 2 TEs and 3 WRs...so I suppose it's meant to be a deeper league.

My other two are Hass and Pennington (Hass>McNair...Pennington is arguable), so I'm likely going to pick Steve up and shop one of my QBs to either upgrade at RB, or upgrade one of my laughable WRs (R. Smith, Stallworth, Fitzgerald). Feel free to keep the sucky WR jokes at a minimum ;-) I compromised on them to draft Gonzalez and Shockey to corner the TE market.
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Return to Football Talk