Yahoo vs. cbs.sportsline FF sites - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo vs. cbs.sportsline FF sites

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo vs. cbs.sportsline FF sites

Postby boilercoop » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:55 am

I am hoping to get an opinion from anybody about the pros and cons, and basically which site is better for comissioning a fantasy football league.

I have been a comissioner for several years now, using cbs.sportsline. Even though they started charging a fee last year, I really like them. Some other owners are looking at switching to Yahoo.

Anyone have any advice? Thanks.
boilercoop

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby tylk » Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:26 am

Yahoo was great for our league last year, although since it doesn't (pretty sure not) allow points for yardage bonus', we will be switching (likely to cbs actually).
If you have just straight scoring, yahoo is great. It was I think in the $100 range with the sports tracker/update thing and the add/drop system and trade options were excellent. If not for adding the yardage bonus' this year, we would still use Yahoo without hesitation.
tylk
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Homeless » Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:34 am

All 5 of the leagues im in use Yahoo because its free. Im guessing that may change eventually, then im sure we will go back to CBS.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby awwchrist » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:53 am

I use CBS.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Endzone Express » Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:50 pm

If you use a customized scoring system CBS is the only way to go! If you have a basic scoring system Yahoo! will do just fine!

I play in at least one league that uses each and they're both very easy to use. I do find that I have a slight preference to the CBS format though, but to me it really would not be worth the $139 bucks unless you needed to customize.
[img][/img]

It is a special time and a special place... where young men go in search of fame... each sharing a common goal: To Win A National Championship!

There is NO PLACE like NEBRASKA!
Endzone Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mudd » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:48 pm

I'm in a league in both and prefer cbs. I think we all chip in $12 and we get all the features. On yahoo, the site is free, but each add on is about $7. Cbs actually ends up being cheeper, and I like the format better as well. Each player in the league can customize their site, which is a nice feature as well.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CBS problem last year / yahoo stat tracker

Postby Turbo Cowboy » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:33 pm

I'm commissioner in a $$$ league. We've always used Yahoo. We will pay this year and will probably go with Yahoo. But, I liked the graphical abilities last year with CBS when I signed up. I dropped CBS Sportsline when they wouldn't set up our season schedule with an odd number of teams. Yahoo does. And, sets the bye weeks for you. CBS was going to require the commissh to set each game up. Complete BS.

Questions. 1. Does Sportsline have as good as a stat tracker system as Yahoo? We use it constantly and it's the source of GREAT drama throughout the season.
2. Are the page loads much slower on CBS? It seems Yahoo loads so much faster.
3. Any reasons why one is better for VERY serious players than the other?

Turbo :-#
Turbo Cowboy

Another one....

Postby massraider » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:31 pm

If you are doing a money league, with a lot of screwy rules, and crazy scoring, like my league, check out myfantasyleague.com. They are small, much cheaper than CBS, and have options I have NOT BEEN ABLE to find anywhere else.

This is our first year using them, but you can literally set up your league for free, test it, check it out, an pay right before the season starts. The commish also gets a free subscription to footballguys.com. You can run a 20-team league, auction league, do a waiver or bid system, salary cap, and do any scoring plan you can imagine (including coach points). And, best of all, Live Scoring!

I had it with sportsline, the live scoring (the feature you cannot live without) is screwy the first 4 weeks of the season. The support staff is lame....this new site has a support message board that the admins check all day long.

Oh, yeah, this site allows for doubleheaders every week--you can have two opponents every week, so instead of 13 games over 13 weeks, you play 26 over 13....
massraider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Roseman » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:40 pm

Both my leagues are with CBS and I love the site I have never experienced the troubles that you guys are talking about and as for the fee we just make all the owners pitch in and it is quite reasonable that way. CBS just updates there site for 2003 and it is even better than is was last year in my opinion and the price is still the same. Each league has its own website now so the problems everyone was talking about should be even less this year than they were last.

As commish of one league it is now even easier to do transaction and other stuff (like post messages) on CBS. I wouldnt change now that they offer IDPs and a few new features that are all outstanding.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby RonRod » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:25 pm

http://www.net-commish.com has everything CBS has, and is only $65 ... I use them for baseball and I signed up 2 leagues for football.
RonRod

Next

Return to Football Talk