Officials Suck - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Officials Suck

Moderator: Football Moderators

Officials Suck

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:29 pm

Just wondering where that cowboys fan is who was bitching about bad calls against his team? ;-7

I hope you tipped your zebras after this one. Horrible... :-#

Game should have been 24-14 Redskins. The horrible call on Walt Harris gave the Cowpies a free 7 points, and the non call against the CB (Newman?) covering Gardner took 7 away from Washington. Total BS. Not hard calls to make, even Al Michaels got it.

Just had to vent. Any cowboy fans wanna come in here and try to spin this go ahead. We got screwed. :-t
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:48 pm

I agree both calls were bad. The "Girl-Man" Glenn started the interference on the one call. I figured it would be offensive pass interference, and when "Gentleman" Gerry Austin pointed to the defense, I was shocked.

The second call was blatant...how else did the receiver's shoulder pads come out of his jersey? :-?

Officials make mistakes. You'd hope they wouldn't make the ones they did last night, but there's not much we can do about it now.

Maybe we can incite a "Dallas gets all the calls" riot now... :-t

Note - I am not a Skins fan...I am a 49ers fan. I just like Portis. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:52 pm

Another impartial here (hell I kinda favor the Cowboys) who thinks the Skins got screwed.

That was huge offensive interference on Glenn. When I saw the flag I didn't even consider that they would call defensive interference, I thought it was offensive without a doubt.

That fumble recovery on the punt didn't look like a recovery. They said he got control and was hit, thus he was down with the ball. But from that sideline angle it looked like he clearly never got control of the ball.

The non-call on Newman against Gardner was a joke. Either A) Gardner's arms are only 8 inches long or B) He couldn't extend them because Newman was tackling him from behind by the shoulder. Lol that one was so blatant.

There was one other questionable one that went the Cowboys way too that I can't recall atm.
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby JayM09 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:06 pm

nice bag ;-D

this is for you terp

:~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(
[b]cafe leagues
nkl 9-6 #3 seed, runner-up
budbowl 10-5 #3 seed. 3rd place
vxl 11-4 #1 seed, runner-up
gbffl 10-5 #2 seed, lost semis
cafe champs 12-4 #1 seed, runner-up[/b]
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:14 pm

Not hard calls to make, even Al Michaels got it.

Al Michaels also has the benefit of slow motion replay.

The game was badly officiated, not a win I'm particularly proud of.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tsunami001 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:16 pm

i don't think anyone who actually SAW the game would argue that the skins didn't get screwed by the refs repeatedly.... :-t

just hope it doesn't happen next time...maybe start a non-profit org to outfit all refs with contacts/glasses? :-t
Farewell #21, you will be missed dearly..
sig courtesy of eskins
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:19 pm

Maybe it should be the ones without glasses/contacts? 'Cause we know the refs with prescriptions have at least average seeing.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:23 pm

Let me start by saying that I hate the Cowboys....and the ForeSkins suck. So I was watching with only a fan prespective. I didn't need slo-mo replays to see the calls that were botched, it was pretty obvious. But angry Skin fans, the loss was more a product of Gibbs having a poorly prepared gameplan and terrible clock management. The refs helped the Cowpatties win, but your coach lost the game for you.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby tsunami001 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:19 pm

Manja wrote:Maybe it should be the ones without glasses/contacts? 'Cause we know the refs with prescriptions have at least average seeing.

I guess depends how you read the sentence...I didn't notice it could have to meanings!
Farewell #21, you will be missed dearly..
sig courtesy of eskins
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UT4life » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:53 pm

did anyone forget that call where portis was stopped short on a 3rd down play when his knee touched the ground but was allowed the first down when the skins ran to the line to get the play off so the cowboys wouldn't challenge? didn't the refs make a mistake there too? that drive consumed the rest of the first half but should have never happened in the first place if the refs would have seen that...this mistake gave the skins a FG when the dallas D was playing great....refs make mistakes and it wasn't only for the cowboys...take your homer glasses off!
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?
UT4life
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting