COLES? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

COLES?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:14 pm

Coles had the injury last year and still put up nice numbers. I had him pegged higher than most for this year, and although I think I may have had set the bar for him too high he will still have a nice year. Worthy of being in the top 10 WRs.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:15 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:
Presto wrote:This guy stinks. I've made about 100 posts saying this guy wasn't top 10.

You only have 12 posts total... :-?

haha
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:16 pm

Presto wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Presto,

How about some reasoning and an articulate explanation for WHY you think Laveranues Coles "stinks." An opinion without a justification from an anonymous newbie is about as useful as a syphilitic tick...

He refuses to go over the middle (he's a wuss).
He's too short. Lenny Walls (giant DB) will outjump him.
He's gimping it up with that foot injury.
Brunell has lost it.
ETC!

He's 5'11", which isn't "too short." Look at some of the other Top WRs that are close to his height, Santana Moss is shorter at 5'10", and by no means does he "suck." Hines Ward is 6'0", you defintitely know or should know how good he is. Sure, there are taller WRs that are better, (Moss, Owens, etc.), but I don't think that has much to do with him not doing well.

I've never seen him complain about going over the middle, maybe you have but I've never heard that before.

The foot injury is the major issue here, but I still think with it he'd be in the Top 10.

Brunell losing it isn't too valid IMO, he's just a little banged up. He's a half-decent QB regardless and I think that's all that Coles needs.

Just My Opinion.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:16 pm

1. Coles went over the middle a few times last night...he just didn't catch the dang things.

2. He is short, but if he's open that doesn't matter. Santana Moss is short too, but he does OK (no TD's yet, but he's getting good consistent yardage...you can't get a TD every week unless you're Moss or TO).

3. I think he still runs pretty fast on the field. I don't notice a limp.

4. The Brunell part...maybe.

If the Skins throw as much as they did last night, Coles should have success. But, it will come at the expense of Portis who didn't really break any good runs last night. Coles and Gardner are a good duo with Thrash making those possession-type catches.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Presto » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:16 pm

I put R Moss, M Harrison, Holt, Owens, Ward, Mason, Chad, S. Moss, J Horn, Torry H, TO, Hines W, Marvin H, Randy, CJohnson, and Santana all before Coles.
Presto
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:19 pm

Presto wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Presto,

How about some reasoning and an articulate explanation for WHY you think Laveranues Coles "stinks." An opinion without a justification from an anonymous newbie is about as useful as a syphilitic tick...

He refuses to go over the middle (he's a wuss).
He's too short. Lenny Walls (giant DB) will outjump him.
He's gimping it up with that foot injury.
Brunell has lost it.
ETC!

Too short? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he's an inch taller than Derrick Mason is...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:19 pm

Presto wrote:I put R Moss, M Harrison, Holt, Owens, Ward, Mason, Chad, S. Moss, J Horn, Torry H, TO, Hines W, Marvin H, Randy, CJohnson, and Santana all before Coles.

Dude, you repeated half those guys names. That still leaves him in the Top 10 regardless... (I think, can't really determine since every guy is said a couple of times.) Horn isn't anything special either IMO.
Last edited by kanezfan11 on Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:20 pm

Presto wrote:I put R Moss, M Harrison, Holt, Owens, Ward, Mason, Chad, S. Moss, J Horn, Torry H, TO, Hines W, Marvin H, Randy, CJohnson, and Santana all before Coles.

I hope that was a joke.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:23 pm

OK, you listed most of those dudes multiple times... So you are saying you put:

R. Moss
Harrison
Holt
Owens
Ward
Chad Johnson
Horn
Santana
Mason

ahead of him.... Good for you, so do most people... Now, I will contend that Horn, Santana, Mason, and Coles put up very similar numbers and it's a crap shoot as to who will do better week to week... But, even if we go with your numbers, that's nine guys, which means you put Coles in the top 10... But, I am only seeing 6 guys on that list that I think you can trust to be consistently better than Coles week in and week out...
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:24 pm

IMO he's probably in the top 10-15 range at WR. Here is at least 10 WR I think will out produce him this year.

R.Moss, Harrison, TO, Holt, CJ, S.Moss, Horn, Mason, Walker, A.Johnson.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk