C Martin vs Barlow. Who will have a better Year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

C Martin vs Barlow. Who will have a better Year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

C Martin vs Barlow. Who will have a better Year?

Postby kevster1 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:11 pm

Before the season began it would seem like it would have been a no brainer, with Barlow the obvious choice, but I am not so sure now. I plan on trading one of them to improve my receiving corp. Who would you trade, and why? This is a non keeper league. It seems that both will attract comparable receiver's in trade.
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Heimholder » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:33 pm

My opinion is that C-Mart will NOT keep up his torrid pace. He's got a ton of mileage on his legs and I think it's just a matter of time before he either gets injured or settles back into his old routine from the past 2 seasons: 75 rush 25 rec, 0 TD. Also consider those 2 big games were against Cinci and SD defenses :-P . Trade him now while his value is sky-high - maybe get a Chad Johnson or Joe Horn-type WR if you're really lucky.

On the other hand, I think Barlow will be a solid (if slightly up & down) scorer the rest of the season. Erickson will very soon realize that Barlow is his only reliable star, and should be getting him the ball more to keep the niners in games longer. It was inevitable the Niners would need an adjustment period after losing all their offensive starters - they should develop some sort of rhythm if you're patient.

- Coach Holder
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tsunami001 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:39 pm

I would say that I don't know who will have the better year. However, if you are set on trading one off, Martin's value in the highest it will ever be, probably for the rest of his career.
Farewell #21, you will be missed dearly..
sig courtesy of eskins
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:59 pm

Completley jack someone with Martin. CJ or above. Maybe even Harrison if the guy is worried about Wayne and Stokely (you have a reason to be worried about Wayne, but not the cracker.)
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk