Ashley Lelie? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ashley Lelie?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ashley Lelie?

Postby kevster1 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:55 pm

Will Lelie begin to live up to his potential in Denver? It seems hard to believe that his last score was his first in 14 games. Is that an aberration or par for the course. This guy in college caught everything near him! It seems that he is beginning to breakout. Or is that wishful thinking on my part, who would like to start him as my third receiver for the rest of the year.
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby klvrdude » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:20 am

Kevster I have the exactly same questions and I don't have a magic 8 ball.

Are there any guru's out there with some opinions?
klvrdude
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cupertino_11 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:32 am

You always like to live by the "3rd year's a charm" rule and Ashley fits that criteria. However, he's still got quite a bit to prove. He regressed in his second season and his confidence took a hit as a result. But despite all the Darius Watts hype during training camp, Lelie never lost his starting job........and I doubt he will. As of now, he seems to have his confidence back (going against Champ Bailey in practice and beating him can do that) and Plummer is starting to look his way more often.

He's a good #3 or #4 receiver at the moment.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:36 pm

Cupertino_11 wrote: As of now, he seems to have his confidence back (going against Champ Bailey in practice and beating him can do that) .

I wonder if there was a directive to Bailey from above: "let him beat you a few times each practice -- we need to build up his psyche."
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:29 pm

First off let me say that I have been on the anti-Lelie bandwagon since early in the preseason. Rod Smith is the man in Denver reception wise, and Lelie is the deep threat. Rod= #1, Lelie=#2. Basically, whatever Lelie does this season will be based on a small number of receptions and a high yards per catch ratio.

If you want to compare his talent to Santana Moss or Javon Walker, then you may be pleasantly surprised to find Lelie in the top15 at season's end. Personally, I think the man has gotten extremely lucky at this point to haul in the deep passes that he has caught and that he is more suited to become a top WR in NFL Europe.

If it weren't for the one long pass he's managed to catch each game, Lelie would be a waiver wire casualty. I stand by my conviction that the man cannot catch a cold, and that what you have seen to this point is more of an aberration than his 14 or so games without a TD. Expect more drops and dissappointment in the future for all Ashley Lelie owners.

If he can keep catching the ball I will gladly eat my words, but until I see some consistency I'm not touching the guy, period. (Rod Smith owner).
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Re: Ashley Lelie?

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:29 pm

kevster1 wrote:Will Lelie begin to live up to his potential in Denver? It seems hard to believe that his last score was his first in 14 games. Is that an aberration or par for the course. This guy in college caught everything near him! It seems that he is beginning to breakout. Or is that wishful thinking on my part, who would like to start him as my third receiver for the rest of the year.

Hawaii is the ultimate throwing team... Lelie had many more balls thrown his way to bulk up his stats. Kinda why Bryant and Glenn where top 5 receivers in week 1.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk