Getting Around Buying Stattracker... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Getting Around Buying Stattracker...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Getting Around Buying Stattracker...

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:26 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:Just wondering, I can get access to a stattracker but I was just wondering because I'm sure it would help out a lot of people here besides me.

And how do you get access to this "STATTRACKER" you speak of? ILLEGALLY PERHAPS DR. JACKSON?!?!?
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ramsalldaway514 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:08 pm

it is only ten dollars if i wasnt using it for free. If they realize whats up, ill probably just use my friends name for stattracker, whose in my league.
ramsalldaway514
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Challie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:52 pm

Hey, ramsalldaway ... just make sure you don't change your friend's lineup "by accident" :-?

In theory, StatTracker is worth the $10, when it works. Two years ago it worked great. Last year it started freezing about once a quarter. This season it's gone even more downhill.

I agree the NFL.com has the most reliable and quickest update of stats.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:56 pm

Yahoo! Box Scores works for me. ;-D

I was actually gonna buy Stattracker, then realized it'd be stupid because I can just wait a couple of days to see if I won or not...
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:57 pm

On my cbs sportsline $$$ league, I get live updated stats...but CBS sucks major in every other aspect, compared to other money leagues I'm in, such as FanBall... :-t
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby muzz » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:31 pm

Stattracker does stop, but mine always refreshes when ya click on your matchup, or another matchup...
For some reason it doesn't seem to refresh itself.
Don't blame us if your players stink the place up....You got our OPINION, your not paying any money for advice!!
If your new guy gets injured.. it happens, and not part of the equation beforehand.
Good Luck, and Thanks for being reasonable.
m
muzz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:24 pm

Since I am in 4 leagues, and I like to know who else is winning, a pen and paper takes a long time. Even if I just check mine on NFL, thats 4 teams for me, and the 4 opponents im facing. That means I have to keep jumping around on NFL.Com, then writing down numbers and etc. Its easy math, but its very irritating. For 10 bucks, its worth the total time saved. I have had only one problem with it last week, where it took a long time to update. But then it started again and there was no problem. Though its been a bit depressing since now I don't have to wait until Tuesday to see how bad I've lost ( :~( ) (Combined fantasy record 3-9)
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:44 pm

Dangit...I wish I had seen this at work...

I made a makeshift "stattracker" in Excel today. Of course, it won't probably be exactly correct for your league's scoring. But, it works pretty well. Next week I'll just plug in all the values for all the players involved from the Gamecenter at NFL.com. This will tell me (barring stat corrections) who needs what after Sunday's games.

I'll host it on my Netscape page tomorrow if you'd like, but for it to be accurate for your league, you'd have to have the following league settings...

10 yards/point rush, rec, 25 yards/point passing, 6 pt TD's, -2 turnovers, and standard Yahoo! team defensive points.

If you desire, you can tweak the formulas yourself to suit your league scoring.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nobodies Business » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:46 pm

you get a great one with NFL.com fantasy teams... NFL.com leagues are worth it just for the tools you get access to.. you get the latest injury news, Live stats... I really get alot of use out of the free agent bank.. in my money league, (that isnt online) if I need to pick someone up I can get in my NFL.com account go into free agents and see who the top performers are, and its all broken down by every stat and ranked and by fantasy points... then if you go into the individual players profile you get like this graph that displays player consistancy... anyone who has the NFL.com league knows exactly what I mean... Now I could never get through a fantasy season without access to those tools...
Nobodies Business
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jps373 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:48 pm

StatTracker has nothing to do with "math". I think we can all add and subtract (though you may be proud of this skill). It is about saving time. Good luck using your math skills when adding up points for multiple leagues, teams and scoring rules. You would spend all day with your pencil and paper vs. actually watching a game.
jps373
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk