Getting Around Buying Stattracker... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Getting Around Buying Stattracker...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MeShawn » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:52 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Dangit...I wish I had seen this at work...

I made a makeshift "stattracker" in Excel today. Of course, it won't probably be exactly correct for your league's scoring. But, it works pretty well. Next week I'll just plug in all the values for all the players involved from the Gamecenter at NFL.com. This will tell me (barring stat corrections) who needs what after Sunday's games.

I'll host it on my Netscape page tomorrow if you'd like, but for it to be accurate for your league, you'd have to have the following league settings...

10 yards/point rush, rec, 25 yards/point passing, 6 pt TD's, -2 turnovers, and standard Yahoo! team defensive points.

If you desire, you can tweak the formulas yourself to suit your league scoring.

I'd like to see how this turns out
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JBase2 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:26 pm

I did the thing you all were saying about going to Yahoo then NFL Scores and clicking on stat tracker. The active bar on the bottom shows a link real quick. I was fast enough to catch it will the print screen function.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/gamechannel?c=passed

Bad mistake by yahoo
JBase2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Paladyr » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:35 pm

I've used it before and there is too much downtime, where it isn't working as it should. Not even worth the 10 bucks IMO. Just be patient and wait until monday/tuesday to see how your players did, or take 15 minutes and gather up all the stats.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:46 am

OK, you waited; it's here...Mercer Boy's Fantasy Points "Do-it-yourself" Stat Tracker...

Remember, this will only work accurately if you use the same settings as me...

10 yds/pt for rushing, rec.; 25 yds/pt for passing, 6 points per TD, -2 turnovers, default Yahoo kicker/defense scoring. Feel free to tweak the forumlas to cater to your needs.

http://www.geocities.com/mercerboy/file ... points.xls
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:51 am

I used stat tracker last year, but this year I just use ESPN.com's box scores to figure how I'm doing... It's not that much more time consuming, and it's completely free...

;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Jury » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:19 am

kanezfan11 wrote:Yahoo! Box Scores works for me. ;-D

I was actually gonna buy Stattracker, then realized it'd be stupid because I can just wait a couple of days to see if I won or not...

Ditto! ;-D
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:59 am

The problem with checking NFL gamecenter for stats is that the thing is sloooooooooooooooooowwwwww on Sundays since everyone and their mom is using it.

I have stattracker (10 bucks...c'mon cheapos ;)), and I still check up on gamecenter every so often to see where on the field my teams are, play-by-play, etc, and it's a painful process alot of the time. The score will update but it won't update any stats or the play-by-play to tell you who scored for another 10 minutes, it'll get stuck all the time, times out alot, etc. Just too much traffic on there.
I tried ESPN's gametracker, but it's just too clunky and hard to follow.
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:38 pm

Nice work on the Excel page.

That's good work.

ty.
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mudd » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:43 pm

For $10 I bought the thing. I didn't want to, but after week two I went ahead with it. The thing I missed was being able to see the scores updated on the yahoo homepage. I like to know where I stand during the week. Especially since on yahoo you can pick up players during games. And I wasn't too worried about ten dollars.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk