LARRY JOHNSON ------> TO DOLPHINS? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LARRY JOHNSON ------> TO DOLPHINS?

Moderator: Football Moderators

LARRY JOHNSON ------> TO DOLPHINS?

Postby ConTender » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:58 pm

Thats the latest rumors? Wonder if he would be woth an empty roster spot just incase this works out?

Views: The running backs in Miami are dropping like flies. As of now, fourth-stringer Leonard Henry would be the starter this weekend, because backups Travis Minor and Sammy Morris are both still recovering from ankle injuries. Neither was active on Sunday, and Minor is almost certainly out again this weekend. Miami media outlets continue to report that the Dolphins may have interest in the Chiefs' Larry Johnson, who is reportedly being dangled for the right deal, but the price is likely to be very high. If we're the Dolphins, we're not sure we continue to throw valuable future draft picks at stop-gap solutions for a team that clearly is going nowhere this season, but Johnson's value would skyrocket if such a deal were to be made.

Recommendation: The Dolphins are expected to work out some of the free agents who are out there, as well as entertain trade options (specifically Larry Johnson of KC), but it still remains likely that Henry would get the bulk of the carries on Sunday. If you need a cheap plug in for this weekend, Henry might be better than some backups you currently have to choose from. Don't overpay though, as we'd expect his tenure to be very short lived.
ConTender
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:01 pm

Of course he's worth a flyer if you have an empty spot on your roster.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ConTender » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:02 pm

well, I'd have to make room. But I can afford it because I'm having a crappy start anyway. I'm looking for a boost.
ConTender
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Canacuna » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:03 pm

KFFL.com wrote:Dolphins | Talked with Chiefs About Larry Johnson - from http://www.KFFL.com
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:13:52 -0700

Alex Marvez and Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, report the Miami Dolphins spoke with the Kansas City Chiefs Monday, Sept. 27, about a trade for former first-round draft choice RB Larry Johnson. Kansas City would like a linebacker or draft choice as compensation, but the Dolphins are not in favor of trading a starting linebacker or a draft choice for Johnson, who has just 20 NFL carries.

Why would the Dolphins sacrifice their future for (draft picks) to help turn a 2-14 team into a 4-12 team? Unless they still have dillusions of going playoff bound, or something... I don't know why they'd even consider making a deal for L.J. unless he's going at a bargain bin price these days...
Last edited by Canacuna on Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby ConTender » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:03 pm

He just joined my team!
ConTender
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:14 pm

Canacuna wrote:
KFFL.com wrote:Dolphins | Talked with Chiefs About Larry Johnson - from http://www.KFFL.com
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:13:52 -0700

Alex Marvez and Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, report the Miami Dolphins spoke with the Kansas City Chiefs Monday, Sept. 27, about a trade for former first-round draft choice RB Larry Johnson. Kansas City would like a linebacker or draft choice as compensation, but the Dolphins are not in favor of trading a starting linebacker or a draft choice for Johnson, who has just 20 NFL carries.

Why would the Dolphins sacrifice their future for (draft picks) to help turn a 2-14 team into a 4-12 team? Unless they still have dillusions of going playoff bound, or something... I don't know why they'd even consider making a deal for L.J. unless he's going at a bargain bin price these days...

I was telling my wife the same thing last night.

They didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs before the season started...and now, well ....

No reason to rob Peter to pay Paul. Leave well enough alone.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ConTender » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:24 pm

Oh, I follow you there. They should have signed Agunleye and saved there damn pick for feely. However, they are going to need a good RB for the future. WHy not put Johnson in there and get him expeirience during this season. They have nothing else to loose. They need a first round QB anyway for next year. I'm not buying in to this feely crap.
ConTender
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk