Fiedler Named Start today; Bench Feely - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fiedler Named Start today; Bench Feely

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fiedler Named Start today; Bench Feely

Postby nebbie2004 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:29 pm

about time anyway, but kinda sucks for me cuz most of my QB's are on bye this I start 2 in one league, so go figure, (i was planning to start feely)

Fantasy Implications: It doesnt really matter! ;-)
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:31 pm

As a dolphin fan: thank goodness

As an FF player: damnit, there goes my "start whatever D is playing Miami" strategy.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Teck » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:32 pm

you can still start whatever d plays Miami lol they'll still blow
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:45 pm

Even Kordell would be better than Feeley at this point. Feeley looks plain terrible, and you can't blame that purely on the O-line either. I don't think I've seen him throw more than 8 balls that were on target and easily catchable in the 3 games he's played.

Even if he's getting pressured on every play and only has 3 seconds to get the ball out, he should be able to hit a in 5 yard out pass, the guy is a NFL QB. I don't know what the Dolphin's saw in this guy to give up a 2nd round pick for him, desperation tactics from a desperate team I suppose.

You can tell just by looking at the passing targets stats how horribly wrong Feeley is for this team. He has no confidence in his ability to get the ball into the hands of his WRs. Lamar Gordon was catching WAY too many passes that were not designed for him and McMichael is leading the team in targets and receptions! The Dolphin's have one of the most explosive WRs in the league in Chambers and some of the surest hands in the league in Booker, the Dolphin's need to utilize them.

Fiedler has shown he can do a decent job with less talented personnel, I say throw him in there and bite the bullet for that WASTED 2nd round pick. Wannstedt needs to realize he's gone anyways if he doesn't produce, forget about the front office blunders and put your best chance to win on the field.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby JrcWy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:38 pm

There are a few fantasy implications in this, mainly:

McMicheal drops since Feidler doesn't look for him the same way AJ did.

Chambers goes back up because Jay looks past his TE and RB as his only options, unlike Feely.

As a dolphins fan, I am glad to see this change. And I became the typical Dolphins fan I feared becoming this season by wanting Fiedler out in game one but feeling relieved to see him back by week 4.

So ends the AJ Feely project. Ray Lucas? Little Greise? AJ Feely? How did these sure bets ever lose? Ugh. :~(
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:52 pm

Good news for Chambers' owners...I wonder if Booker's stock will rise as well...a pretty good receiver riding a lot of fantasy pine.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby nsulham » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:00 pm

As a Chambers owner I'm thrilled. The guy has nice potential but he was wasting it away with feely.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Diablo13 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:58 am

This is the matchup breakdown that Yahoo sports put on their website.....I cannot believe they put it this way...LOL!

QB A.J. Feeley This could be the last hurrah for A.J., unless he produces. No pressure, though. Fiedler had some good games against the Jets in the past, and aside from the Sunday night hurricane debacle, A.J.'s been close to 200 and a score. Pencil him in for the same here.

QB Jay Fiedler If Feeley throws a couple of picks early on, Dumbo could get the call in this one.
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk