Team Defense Question?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Team Defense Question??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Team Defense Question??

Postby lsufan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:00 pm

Is it better to play matchups with team defenses or to play proven past performers? It seems this year its better to play matchups because teams like Seattle and Atlanta have the top ranked defenses but are not traditionaly known for having strong defenses. If you look at the teams they played it seems like they are beating up on weak offenses.

It seems like playing the rams, jets or saints would be a good play this week just because they play a weak team not because they are known as a strong defenses.

What does everybody think?
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:06 pm

I agree with that... the matchups usually work out. It really depends on what "proven D" you have and who you'd be playing the matchups over. If you're playing "DEFBC," then it's definitely a good idea to play matchups like the Jets' this week.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby lsufan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:14 pm

I have thought up a 2nd question.

kanezfan11, said it depends on what proven D and what matchup you'd be playing them over.

Who does people consider proven defenses this season so far or is it too early to know?

I went with Seattle in my yahoo league because everybody drafted the so called good defenses.

My second draft on my sporting news league i drafted miami. A so called better defense. I am thinking about droping miami and playing defenses by matchup. Wanted to know what people thought about playing defenses by matchup.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby lsufan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:42 pm

bump. any opinions on this questions?
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:39 am

I played Defense by Committee last year, and have been playing it thus far this year, and it's working out nicely... Especially this past week where I won my week b/c I played Seattle... If you have an extra roster spot I recommend keeping one solid D that you know you can play most weeks, but then using another to rotate to the best matchup week to week... That's what I'm doing in my money league, and it's working great... I have yet to score below double digits on Defense this season... For this week, I'm liking:

Oakland
New York Jets
Denver
Washington
St Louis

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk