5 - Jones (61)

24 - Tomlinson (39)

It might be early but it's not week one anymore man
JBase2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nobodies Business » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:09 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Waaay too early in the season to start labeling Jones a top 5 back.I am a believer as I drafted him in a few leagues but 3 games does not a season make.

I dont see why... I mean when you watch him run, you can see how talented he is.. He's got that Ahman Green burst and he has the recieving versatility of Tomlinson.. Try to catch a bear game every once in a while... I waited till 3 games to even open my mouth about this issue... 1 can be a total fluke, 2 could be another fluke, but 3 weeks in a row its pretty obvious he's legit.. Now in week four if he can do it again, then its totaly confirmed.. Sure its early, but i bet there isnt a person here that doesent think in the back of their mind that Jones WILL be highly touted going into 05...
Nobodies Business
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:11 pm

I like Thomas Jones but if I drafted today I wouldn't take him until the late 2nd round. He's put up good numbers but they've been against Detroit, Green Bay (w/o Grady Jackson) and Minnesota. Those teams are all weak against the run, he's nowhere near the value of LT2.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nobodies Business » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:14 pm

oh really, because Stephen Davis couldnt fall forward for 2 yards in that monday night game against Green Bay...
Nobodies Business
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:15 pm

Here was my rationalization for picking him this year.

1. Chicago has 3 all pros on the line in Tait, Brown, Kreutz
2. He had no help in AZ and didn't even start a whole year there so I was willing to write that off.
3. He did well when given the chance in Tampa, who was a pass first team last year.
4. He's got the total package for an NFL RB...speed, strength, breaks tackles, and has good vision.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:19 pm

I own Thomas Jones in all 5 leagues (NO JOKE) and when I drafted him in my money league it went like this.....

"The XSupermodels select THIS YEAR'S PRIEST HOLMES Thomas Jones RB Chicago."

I am a believer and I hope his numbers keep up ;-D ;-D

oh I also own Chris Brown in 4 leagues ;-D ;-D

now if I would only start them.........hehe
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:20 pm

Look man,I've been watching Jones run since he was in Arizona and have had him on a few fantasy squads over the past couple of years.He has found a good opportunity and is so far making the best of it...currently doing well for me in 2 of my $ leagues.

Regardless,argue all you want,he's not yet a top 5 back.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:22 pm

Nobodies Business wrote:oh really, because Stephen Davis couldnt fall forward for 2 yards in that monday night game against Green Bay...

Yea, Grady Jackson was playing, plus Stephen Davis is weak.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nobodies Business » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:24 pm

AS OF RIGHT NOW HE IS.... its not like, an opinion... he's the #3 RB in the entire NFL, and #1 in the NFC... Its NUMBERS... check em out... and 3 weeks in a row.... c'mon..
Nobodies Business
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:27 pm

Nobodies Business wrote:AS OF RIGHT NOW HE IS.... its not like, an opinion... he's the #3 RB in the entire NFL, and #1 in the NFC... Its NUMBERS... check em out... and 3 weeks in a row.... c'mon..

It is like,my opinion that Jones is good and you can't argue with his numbers.Hopefully he is around to help guide me to a championship,or two.Then I will be sold.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk