O. Smith is done for a while - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

O. Smith is done for a while

Moderator: Football Moderators

O. Smith is done for a while

Postby tmfs » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:50 pm

i didnt see it posted around here but just saw this on yahoo:

Sep 28 Smith has a hearing scheduled this week with the NFL league office about his appeal of a four-game suspension for violating the league's drug policy. "I know he has a hearing scheduled for later in the week, and our anticipation is that it won't go the way we want it to go" coach Mike Tice told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "So again, it's another player we're going to move on without."

Recommendation: Few think Smith will win his appeal, so he'll likley miss Minnesota's next four games starting with Oct. 10 at Houston after the team's bye week. Michael Bennett has returned to practice, so he'll likley start against Houston with Moe Williams also getting carries. Smith was impressive while Bennett was out and could still get a significant amount of playing time when he returns even if Bennett is healthy.

As a current Bennett owner i was thinking of dropping Smith. Suggs is on the waiver.
tmfs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:53 pm

That was fully expected though...everyone who knows anything about this kinda stuff knew he had probably 5 weeks max to play before his hearing...and that's counting the bye...

On another note...

Drop someone other than Smith for Suggs...like a non-existent WR or backup K or D...
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:57 pm

For one,I believe this has been common knowledge around here...and you will kick yourself if you dump O and Bennett gets injured again toward the fantasy playoffs,he's not exactly a durable back.Hold onto Smith if you can afford the roster spot.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby tmfs » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:10 pm

i knew it was common knowledge it was no one knew exactly when it was going to happen. Just saw it and thought i would post it. if not smith the only other people i could reasonably drop would be Maccariens or Fitz and my league isnt to up to date so i'm not too worried about if someone scoops him up here are my other rb's:

Alexander
Taylor
Bennett
D. Foster
Pittman
tmfs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk