Where do you rank Hines Ward right now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where do you rank Hines Ward right now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:17 am

Estarr01 wrote:Moss
Owens
Holt
Ward
Harrison
CJ

This is my current ranking too.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dub-Dub » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:34 pm

I think it is splitting hairs, often times, when you are talking about the "top" of a position... all 4/5 of them will come out right near the top...

I managed to get Ward and Holt this year, and am 3-0 because of it. The cosistancy of the points from Holt is what gets you... 80 and 1 at least, every time.
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:56 pm

I absoulutely love this guy (in a non-gay way). He's been nothing but solid for me so far and I knew drafting him wouldn't have been a mistake. He's one of my favorite players and I think he's the toughest WR out there in real life.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Showtyme5 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:07 pm

Yeah, its just crazy that I never realized how good this guy really was until I got him on my team. He's fun to watch too. A tough guy who does everything and hardly ever drops a ball. The way he plays kind of reminds me of Wayne Chrebet, except he's more talented.
Showtyme5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:09 pm

Showtyme5 wrote:Yeah, its just crazy that I never realized how good this guy really was until I got him on my team. He's fun to watch too. A tough guy who does everything and hardly ever drops a ball. The way he plays kind of reminds me of Wayne Chrebet, except he's more talented.

Way more talented. ;-) Chrebet sucks.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:26 pm

same here wasnt that high on him tell this year since i have him on my money league!!! cha ching!!!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:31 pm

As a HUGE steeler fan there is nothing better then watching Ward get after a Safety or a LB on a running play. We all know he is a SUPER wr but its his tenacity and willingness to do the little things that really make him a super stud.......
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Showtyme5 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:09 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:
Showtyme5 wrote:Yeah, its just crazy that I never realized how good this guy really was until I got him on my team. He's fun to watch too. A tough guy who does everything and hardly ever drops a ball. The way he plays kind of reminds me of Wayne Chrebet, except he's more talented.

Way more talented. ;-) Chrebet sucks.

agreed, I was basically referring to his toughness, blocking, and intangibles, not god-given ability haha. Chrebet, as you said, doesn't come close to that.
Showtyme5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MeShawn » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:26 pm

Moss
--------
Owens
Harrison/Holt/Ward
--------
CJ

Moss is in a class of his own. Then TO, Harrison, Holt, and Ward are in the next class, though I have TO at the top of it. CJ is lower than all of them
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HappyTimeH » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:02 pm

Dub-Dub wrote:I think it is splitting hairs, often times, when you are talking about the "top" of a position... all 4/5 of them will come out right near the top...

I managed to get Ward and Holt this year, and am 3-0 because of it. The cosistancy of the points from Holt is what gets you... 80 and 1 at least, every time.

I had the duo for a little while (I am also 3-0), but I needed RB help and traded Ward (for C. Brown), luckily I had R. Wayne waiting to fill in for Ward.
HappyTimeH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk