Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby killiansjmd » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:05 am

Sell High: CMart, Dillon, Wayne
Buy Low: Rudi, Henry, Coles, Mason
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Paladyr » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:22 am

Peerless price is not a good buy considering he has yet to succeed in ATL and most likely never will.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:39 am

Buy Low: Coles, Mason, Jimmy Smith, Griffin, Taylor (maybe), Lee Suggs, McAllister

Sell High: Gardner, Bruce, Stokely, Terry Glenn, Lelie, Martin, T. Jones*, Barber, Dunn

* - The reason I suggest Thomas Jones is I have a feeling he is about to start facing some seriously stacked boxes in Chicago with Grossman out... And although I expect him to do decently, right now he is leading all rushers in FF points, and I think his value is never going to be higher than it is right now...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:15 am

I agree with you on Jones. In addition to D's keying on him, the offense will have trouble converting first downs with Quinn. Combine that with a banged up defense, and you have the Bears getting the short end of the time of possession battle. If Jones is not on the field as much, he cannot rack up the same numbers. I still think that Jones is a real good back that most experts and fans gave up on, but the situation in Chicago right now is not good. I agree with Plindsey that Jones' value right now is as high as you are going to see it.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Ben_ffc » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:20 pm

tiki barber's value is really high, especially as the rb field is so thin. i just traded him for chad johnson--who, incidentally, is a great buy-low candidate.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:41 pm

I think Bennett may be a nice buy low, if someone is a believer in Stecker or Dunn.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DaChiefs » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:27 pm

tiki barber's value is really high, especially as the rb field is so thin. i just traded him for chad johnson--who, incidentally, is a great buy-low candidate.

b

i wish my leagues were more like that. In all of them i will offer some decent trades for a wr then just get something back that makes no sense at all and is only benefical to their team.

and im 2nd to last in a points league while down my almost 200 points already and its impossible to make a move and improve my team.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:14 pm

One thing that you really have to study when you want to buy low or sell high this early in the season is upcoming schedule, especially in the fantasy playoff weeks. As others have mentioned, C-Mart is a great player to sell high, because of his tremendous value at the moment, and his tough upcoming and fantasy playoff schedule:

Week 4- @Miami
Week 5- vs. Buffalo
Week 7- @ New England
Week 8- vs. Miami
Week 9- @ Buffalo
Week 10- vs. Baltimore
Week 14- @ Pittsburgh
Week 15- vs. Seattle
Week 16- vs. New England

Someone like Travis Henry, for example, would be a supreme buy low. We all know how low his value is currently, and take a look at his fantasy playoff schedule:

Week 14- vs. Cleveland
Week 15- @ Cincinatti
Week 16- @ San Fran

;-D

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bwzabodyn » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:49 am

The only problem we have with Henry is that he might not be around come weeks 14+ - you have to factor in that if teams aren't going to be in the playoff race come the last 3-4 weeks of the season, some of the younger guys (McGahee) may start to cut into the regular starter's time... with that said, my list:

Buy Low: Porter, Barlow, Staley, Jimmy Smith, Harrison (people might be fooled into the "not #1 anymore" talk), S. Moss (being overlooked right now)

Sell High: CMart, T. Jones, Roy Williams (he's still my boy, but I think you get great value for him right now - he's still a rookie)

Buy High (get these guys on your team at any cost): Walker (Favre can make anyone a superstar), Chris Brown, Collins, J Lewis (he's going to be a holy terror from here on out)
Formerly bzabodyn (over 1000 posts) - but I was deactivated!!! Poop on you!!!
bwzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk