The decline of Priest - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The decline of Priest

Moderator: Football Moderators

The decline of Priest

Postby Shader » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:15 am

I must say, Holmes has really surprised me this year. I was thinking he was getting older, and i was worried about his ypc falling, etc. But he has looked great when I've watched him. I have no doubts now that he is a great back.

But I do think he isn't even close to what he was last year, when it comes to fantasy production. The KC offense just is not playing good. Last year, Trent Green moved them up and down the field like a madman, and Priest took them to the endzone. I just don't see that happening this year.

Ahman Green
Shaun Alexander
Ladainian Tomlinson
Jamal Lewis

If we re-drafted, I'd choose all four of these over Priest today.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby davis » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:18 am

and youd be the mad man
davis
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:22 am

I don't think it's a case of Priest declining, it's that whole offense. Nothing seems to be going right for KC, but I do believe it's just a matter of time before the offense starts putting it together a bit. The defense is another question.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:23 am

Ouch....Holmes played with a sprained ankle....BAM!...134 yds...dam, he sucks.... :-o
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JtotheF » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:25 am

Priest is fine. It's the WR's that blow. Do they even have a receiver who could start outside of KC?
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:29 am

you are an idiot. first thing, nobody really expected priest to post last years numbers. second, its week 3, so he still could if he gets hot. quit putting so much stock into the first 3 games. he played carolina and denver which are two good defenses. haha and you said you would pick jamal over priest if you could go back in time? what did jamal do against CLEVELAND in week 1? nothing!
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:32 am

I think the biggest problem in Kansas City is their lack of receiving threats. When you've only got Morton, Kennison, Hall, Boerigther etc, and 3 of the 4 have been/are injured, you're looking at starting two 5'10" WRs out there..... Gonzalez can't do it all himself, and Trent Green is not superman. If the Chiefs had somehow traded for McCardell I think we would be looking at a different team.

Priest Holmes is carrying this team on his back right now and he's still averaging over a TD per game. How long can he keep it up is the question.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:32 am

I guess everyone around here is an idiot when they have an off the wall theory.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DanDigital » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:46 am

You'd pass on Priest Holmes because of the team's declining offensive production, but you'd take LaDainian Tomlinson???

The San Diego Chargers are AWFUL. Drew Brees can't move his own bowels much less move his team up and down the field. That offensive line is made of paper mache. Say what you want about Kansas City this year, but Trent Green is ten times the quarterback Drew Brees is, and KC's line is twenty times better than San Diego's. I love LaDainian and I think he's a great back, but Priest is in a better system and will score more fantasy points because of it.
DanDigital
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Gryphons » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:13 am

Do all Titans fans see the world through a different lens? :-?
Gryphons
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk