The decline of Priest - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The decline of Priest

Moderator: Football Moderators

Priest Holmes...

Postby fantasy messenger » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:43 am

Don't even worry about it. Holmes should do fine, barring injury, and will probably once again be one of the top fantasy players come season's end.
Always do your homework!
fantasy messenger
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby k68 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:44 am

Decline of the Chiefs would of been the proper post title; Holmes is still a great back; but he can only do so much
k68
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Shader » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:32 am

Boy there are alot of Priest Holmes owners online today!

I took alot of flack when I said Priest would have an "off-year" before the season (by off year, i still mean a 5 or 6 rb ranking, which isn't half-bad). Now after three games, I'm still confirming what I thought BEFORE the season.

I guess i will continue to keep you guys updated until the season is over, and there are 4 or 5 rb's with better production than Priest. Than we will see if someone calls me an idiot because they don't agree with me.

It's rather simple, Priest became a fantasy stud because of td's. I don't think Kansas City's offense will even approach the level they were at last year. So Priest will not have as many td's. It's that simple.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Shader » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:34 am

portisfan24 wrote:you are an idiot. first thing, nobody really expected priest to post last years numbers. second, its week 3, so he still could if he gets hot. quit putting so much stock into the first 3 games. he played carolina and denver which are two good defenses. haha and you said you would pick jamal over priest if you could go back in time? what did jamal do against CLEVELAND in week 1? nothing!

First thing, grow up and stop calling people names who don't agree with you. That's ridiculous. Second, I am not putting stock in the first 3 games. I said this sort of thing BEFORE the season.

Finally, I don't really care what Jamal did in week 1. I still would take him over Priest. End of story.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:39 am

I think Priest benefited the last few years from an offense that had a perfect balance of run and pass between the 20s, which turned to an awesome power running game near the goalline. With the passing game not clicking, Priest will not be on the field as much and will not get as many opportunities to score.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby petedog9 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:02 pm

People relax. If youhave Priest and you want Jamal Lewis then trade for him. I am pretty sure the Lewis owner will jump all over it. Priest is still the class positon player in fantasy football. He is the ultimate player and consistantly puts up numbers.
Last edited by petedog9 on Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Warpigs » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:10 pm

Honestly, while the wide receivers have been just plain awful, I think KC's defense is what's really affecting Priest. We all know how teams have to change game plans when they start falling behind. Last year, the Chiefs were just good enough defensively to allow Vermeil to play clock control football with Holmes. This year, they are being forced to air it out because their defense puts them in a hole. That's when the miserable WR options start taking their toll, but I think the first domino in this series is the defense, and I don't have too high of expectations that they'll be able to turn around that train wreck anytime soon.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:54 pm

Hes 2nd in the league in rushing yards and is tied with the most rushing TDs with 4. How is that declining?? Hes not going to score 27 TDs, but did you expect that? Hes still on pace for nearly 20 TDs and 1600+ yards.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:23 pm

For this year Priest will be Priest, I wouldn't be surprised if those who drafted LT2 will get better value but regardless Holmes will be effective.

But for those who own him in keepers, I would be looking to deal. I have a bad feeling about Priest in the future, retirement once this season is finished is probably in my mind.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk