whats the deal with travis henry? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

whats the deal with travis henry?

Moderator: Football Moderators

whats the deal with travis henry?

Postby jjigglers » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:09 am

guy just offered me henry for duce staley, and after checking that henry wasnt hurt, did the trade.

my question: what is the problem with henry? why hasnt he scored this year? and he HAS to be better than staley for the rest of the year right?
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tfunky14 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:49 am

yes Henry will produce he is just getting a slow start. the O-line is struggling right now but they should be able to get their act together here soon. Bledsoe needs to be more affective too, so it will open up running lanes for Henry.
tfunky14
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:31 am

Henry is a horse; he's just working with a pretty shoddy offense at this point. You'd think having Moulds this year would help, but Bledsoe just isn't getting it done. They'll run Travis a lot, but with the schedule they have you may not see tip-top numbers for a while. The real question will be TD's. Buffalo doesn't have many, and Henry has none. Last year Travis had a couple poor performances saved because of the TD's he scored. The dude could become the Curtis Martin of 2004... :,-(

I have Henry in my good league, and I'm benching him for Stecker this week (Henry plays NE). I'm hoping he does something before the Arizona-Buffalo game...
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:14 am

Henry is a horse and shoud get a ton of carries this week against the Pats. The problem has already been mentioned... the offense sucks. And I mean SUCKS. They are competing with Miami for the worst O-line in football, competing with Baltimore for the worst QB in football and the other team's know this. They know that the chance of Beldsoe beating them is slim so they stack the box against Henry. Travis has had in the area of 6-7 touches inside the 5... no td's. I think if it happens again this week, McGahee may get his shot at goal line.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:09 am

Travis was drafted by me in one of my yahoo public leagues, I traded him away before the season started for C. Mart. So far it has been a great trade for me. With McGahee waiting in the wings I didn't want to risk having Henry become just a yardage back for me. Now there are a lot of games left in the season but as it stands I got a heck of a deal. :-° :-)
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?
Samual Jackson as Jules: Pulp Fiction

Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby DanDigital » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:19 am

Travis Henry is like LaDainian Tomlinson, without all the skill.
DanDigital
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DaChiefs » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:51 pm

Pack Fan in HTown wrote:Travis was drafted by me in one of my yahoo public leagues, I traded him away before the season started for C. Mart. So far it has been a great trade for me. With McGahee waiting in the wings I didn't want to risk having Henry become just a yardage back for me. Now there are a lot of games left in the season but as it stands I got a heck of a deal. :-° :-)

by the end of the season, this is what is gonna keep you from winning your league.

You shall be disappointed.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:59 pm

That remains to be seen DaChiefs, I hope your wrong. I have Manning at QB and C. Brown, R. Johnson as my other backs so there are contingency plans. But that's what this game is all about - taking gambles to see if they pay off. I'll know at the end of the season.

Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DaChiefs » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:29 pm

Pack Fan in HTown wrote:That remains to be seen DaChiefs, I hope your wrong. I have Manning at QB and C. Brown, R. Johnson as my other backs so there are contingency plans. But that's what this game is all about - taking gambles to see if they pay off. I'll know at the end of the season.

i agree you gotta take some gambles to win. Im hoping that im right because i got henry in one of my money leagues. That buffalo offense does scare me though. we shall bump this thread at the end of the year to see who turned out right. ;-D
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:47 pm

You got it ;-D See you then

Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk