Fantasy Basketball - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Fantasy Basketball

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:29 am

creamdoorthirtyniner wrote:I'm a HUGE bball fan ;-D

Me n my dad went to every Pistons home game, both Playoff and regular season, in amazing seats-four aisles from the floor-and I onnly have one thing to say:

Get outta my House!

:-b

Do you mean the World Champion Detroit Pistons?
The same World Champion Detroit Pistons who missed out on sweeping the big, bad, highly favored LA Fakers only because of a chuck and a prayer in game 2?
The same World Champion Detroit Pistons who have gotten BETTER this offseason? How about a fully healthy Antonio McDyess and Derrick Coleman backing up 'Sheed and Ben - is there a better frontcourt in the NBA?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aussieboy » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:40 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
creamdoorthirtyniner wrote:I'm a HUGE bball fan ;-D

Me n my dad went to every Pistons home game, both Playoff and regular season, in amazing seats-four aisles from the floor-and I onnly have one thing to say:

Get outta my House!

:-b

Do you mean the World Champion Detroit Pistons?
The same World Champion Detroit Pistons who missed out on sweeping the big, bad, highly favored LA Fakers only because of a chuck and a prayer in game 2?
The same World Champion Detroit Pistons who have gotten BETTER this offseason? How about a fully healthy Antonio McDyess and Derrick Coleman backing up 'Sheed and Ben - is there a better frontcourt in the NBA?

I think there is:

Kmart Camby Melo
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:49 pm

aussieboy wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:How about a fully healthy Antonio McDyess and Derrick Coleman backing up 'Sheed and Ben - is there a better frontcourt in the NBA?

I think there is:

Kmart Camby Melo

PFFFFF - wishful thinking. Melo is the man, but KMart and Camby??? not a chance. We will see how good KMart is without Kidd. Camby on the other hand -what a pleasant suprise he was for me and others who had him last yr, huh? I dont think he stays healthy for another full season, but its possible. How deep is DEN's bench?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:12 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
aussieboy wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:How about a fully healthy Antonio McDyess and Derrick Coleman backing up 'Sheed and Ben - is there a better frontcourt in the NBA?

I think there is:

Kmart Camby Melo

PFFFFF - wishful thinking. Melo is the man, but KMart and Camby??? not a chance. We will see how good KMart is without Kidd. Camby on the other hand -what a pleasant suprise he was for me and others who had him last yr, huh? I dont think he stays healthy for another full season, but its possible. How deep is DEN's bench?

wishful thinking?

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:a fully healthy Antonio McDyess

now that's wishful thinking...

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jumpman8828 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:46 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

No, that's an oxymoron.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:35 pm

jumpman8828 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

No, that's an oxymoron.

Would you guys have reacted the same way if this conversation happened a yr ago and the topic was Camby?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby aussieboy » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:55 pm

WHat do you guys think of Marion this year? Late first round selection? I know he's a stat filler but im worried about the effect the improved roster will have on his numbers.

AK47 is in a similar situation, with the addition of Boozer and Okur, I think his rebound numbers may still take a hit, but other than that he should remain as valuable as last year.

Your thoughts?
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jumpman8828 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:59 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
jumpman8828 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

No, that's an oxymoron.

Would you guys have reacted the same way if this conversation happened a yr ago and the topic was Camby?

Good point :-D

And aussie boy...I've only done basketball for one year so I don't really know too much about draft positions for certain players. Kirilenko should still be great, even with less rebs he's still awesome all-around. I've never really liked Marion, although he's undeniably good and is probably still worth a 1st rounder...Sorry I couldn't be of more use.

Any places out there with mock drafts available to see/do?
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:51 pm

I'm a huge BBall fan, I know almost as much if not more about BBall than I do about football. This is just another plan of Arlo's to make me spend all of my time at his sites.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:36 pm

If there are any good sites for fantasy basketball up with info and possibly mock drafts could someone direct me to it?

I've never done fantasy bball before and although I might skip on it this year a site to look at before the "gray side" is operational.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk