Kickers..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kickers.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kickers.....

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:48 am

OK, I'm thinking three things regarding kickers...

1) Seabass is about to return to dominance... Oakland is no joke this year, and the guy can hit a field goal from almost anywhere past the 50... Last year Oakland was having to "go for it" rather than kick field goals more often than not, and most of the time they couldn't even cross into the oppositions territory to give Seabass a chance, but if he's available in your league, I think he's about to jump back into the top 3...

2) This week, Doug Brien is going to have a good game... The Jets will be able to move the ball on Miami, but I don't see them being able to pound it into the endzone with Martin... The Dolphins are forcing more field goal attempts than any other team, and Brien is 100% this year... Look for him to put up 10 points this week...

3) Other good kickers to play are Elam and Carney... And I'm not just suggesting Carney b/c of his big week last week, but I think with Stecker in the lineup, they are going to struggle pounding the ball in the redzone, and surprisingly, Arizona has a decent Redzone Defense forcing more field goal attempts than any other team, excluding Miami, Tampa, and St. Louis...
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rockingout » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:51 am

lets continue this cause I have josh brown with a bye

what about dawson, edinger, reed!
Rockingout
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:56 am

Even though he hasn't had an attempt this year, I like Kasay from Carolina.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:36 pm

Wow, some kicker analysis. :-b

Well I am with you on the SeaBass thoughts, I was high on him in the offseason as well. If Oak can keep up their fine play then I wouldn't doubt Janikowski performing.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby V-unit » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:52 pm

Im going with the hot kicker this week in Carney over Feely.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MMH » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:16 am

Rockingout wrote:lets continue this cause I have josh brown with a bye

what about dawson, edinger, reed!

I would go Dawson. Hasnt missed in 17 attempts or something like that and has started the season well. Shayne Graham is worth a look too if he is available, as is Nate Keading.
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby warrick95 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:48 am

Seb's especially dominant in a league that doesn't count missed FGs (a few do), because he misses some chip shots at times. I agree, though.
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Re: Kickers.....

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:43 am

Plindsey88 wrote:OK, I'm thinking three things regarding kickers...

1) Seabass is about to return to dominance... Oakland is no joke this year, and the guy can hit a field goal from almost anywhere past the 50... Last year Oakland was having to "go for it" rather than kick field goals more often than not, and most of the time they couldn't even cross into the oppositions territory to give Seabass a chance, but if he's available in your league, I think he's about to jump back into the top 3...

2) This week, Doug Brien is going to have a good game... The Jets will be able to move the ball on Miami, but I don't see them being able to pound it into the endzone with Martin... The Dolphins are forcing more field goal attempts than any other team, and Brien is 100% this year... Look for him to put up 10 points this week...

3) Other good kickers to play are Elam and Carney... And I'm not just suggesting Carney b/c of his big week last week, but I think with Stecker in the lineup, they are going to struggle pounding the ball in the redzone, and surprisingly, Arizona has a decent Redzone Defense forcing more field goal attempts than any other team, excluding Miami, Tampa, and St. Louis...

Not just because of his big week... what about because of his extreme accuracy? Not only is he one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history, but he's the all-time leading scorer for San Diego. Miss one crucial extra point, and everyone trips... He is easily one of the top three kickers in the league.

But back to the topic, I believe picking up FA kickers by situation is a good system... I've been doing it for a while now...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk