Tamba Bay DEF, no longer top 10?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tamba Bay DEF, no longer top 10??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby pdub » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:53 pm

DanDigital wrote:There are only three stud defenses in the league... the Ravens, the Patriots, and whoever is playing the Cardinals.

choice
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:19 pm

pdub wrote:
DanDigital wrote:There are only three stud defenses in the league... the Ravens, the Patriots, and whoever is playing the Cardinals.

choice

DALLAS!!! C'mon... they haven't delivered much lately, but if you'll remember, they did this last season, too. And last years opener, they were beaten by a Vickless Falcon team... look for Dallas to come on strong in the later half.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby rohbshop » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:26 pm

TB def is way better than the Jets def. That was a bad move.
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby S2 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:31 pm

Right now I'm feeling they are not worth a roster spot. I have Dallas also and plan on keeping them on my team.

I picked up Atlanta last week for the matchup. I plan on dropping TB when I need to as if I'm only going to use them a few times, they aren't worth the spot.

I did draft my DEF last this year. But next year I plan on using my last pick for the best DEF matchup left and using the other draft picks for sleepers.
S2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:38 pm

You forgot whoever is playing the Dolphins. I think I may adopt a strategy like that, where I pick up defenses playing the Dolphins. Its foolproof!
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:57 pm

i have been doing the adopt a d against the dolphins plan. problem is coming up, I THINK they play teams that are more likely to be rostered than not.

As far as tampa goes, they are kind of a shoulder shrug for me at this point.

I wouldn't trade for them, and I would be mad if I drafted them relatively high.

I persoanlyl think gruden is a fraud, but I am biased. but it seems like since he put HIS stamp on the team, it has been downhill.

The other problem is they play two teams (saints, falcons) that are very hard from where I am sitting, in division. I know both teams aren't that good in general, but they are hard to predict week to week.

I'd keep them, but try and have a backup to exploit on weeks they have bad amtchups.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DanDigital » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:22 pm

The Giants defense is actually playing well right now, too. If nothing better is available they might be worth a look. They forced 7 turnovers against the Redskins, that's 14 points in my league.
DanDigital
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:45 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
You forgot whoever is playing the Dolphins. I think I may adopt a strategy like that, where I pick up defenses playing the Dolphins. Its foolproof!

Hah, I've actually been doing a variation of this. I play whichever D is playing against the Cards or Fins based on which D is better and/or available.

I have the Jets all lined up for this week, but am somewhat discerned about seeing Feeley benched in terms of the strategy.
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:46 pm

And back on the subject, I would still put the Bucs' D at #5, after NE, Balti, Jax, and Miami.
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:26 pm

Free Bagel wrote:And back on the subject, I would still put the Bucs' D at #5, after NE, Balti, Jax, and Miami.

Yeah... why add Dallas? It's not like they were the number one overall last year after starting slow... forget THEM.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk