Ridiculous Scenario......Need Advice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ridiculous Scenario......Need Advice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ridiculous Scenario......Need Advice

Postby Showtyme5 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:05 pm

Ok, so I put up a post during this past weekend about a trade I had with a guy that got accepted. Here's the trade........

I Give up....

T. Brady
A. Johnson
S. Alexander

I get.....

D. McNabb
J. Lewis
J. Walker

The guy accepted this trade on Saturday and then on Sunday all three of his guys blew up which you all probably know. Anyways, heres the problem. He calls me on Monday (keep in mind I'm the commissioner of this league) and he says "my guys are too good, I don't want to trade them anymore." I say thats fine, I still think it's a fair trade, Walker just had the game of his life. He asks me to cancel the trade and I tell him that since it was accepted all I can do is Vote Against it like everybody else (you need over 1/3 of the league to vote against to get the trade vetoed once accepted, through yahoo!), and I oblige and vote against the trade. BUT, him and one other person were the only ones other than myself to vote against it in a 10 team league. Everyone else thought it was fair and he apparently didn't get anyone else to vote against it which he should've if he didn't want it to go through. So, today the trade goes through. He knows the rules about the 1/3 vote and has experience in FF. So, I know this guy is gonna be calling me and asking for his guys back, I just know it (everyone in the league pretty much knows each other). What would you do if you were in my position? Give the guys back somehow (not sure how this would work anyways) or tell him that I gave in to his request and voted against it and nobody else did and since he knows the rules the trade stays as is????? I don't know what to say if he calls, and I don't want to be the commissioner everyone thinks is a "jerk." Any advice appreciated.
Showtyme5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby crimsonrebel » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:08 pm

Just offer the trade in reverse and tell him he has 24 hours to accept it.
crimsonrebel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby k68 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:09 pm

If he accepted on Saturday then its a done deal. Period. You already did more than you should of.
k68
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Showtyme5 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:09 pm

if you can't tell, I think the trade should stay as is. I think it's only fair.

BTW, this doesn't belong in the trade forum does it?
Showtyme5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:12 pm

First of all, he's a douchebag for accepting on a Saturday and then changing his mind after seeing Sunday's performances. What a crybaby.

Personally, you already went out of your way to try and get the trade cancelled, and he didn't even do his part in telling people to veto it.

So, first he was a douchebag, then he was a lazy douchebag. It's his own fault. And reallistically I think he's getting the better end of this deal anyway.
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Ricky_Christ » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:25 pm

You should change his team logo to a big anatomical diagram of a vagina. He'll get the message.
;-D
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Showtyme5 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:30 pm

Free Bagel wrote:First of all, he's a douchebag for accepting on a Saturday and then changing his mind after seeing Sunday's performances. What a crybaby.

Personally, you already went out of your way to try and get the trade cancelled, and he didn't even do his part in telling people to veto it.

So, first he was a douchebag, then he was a lazy douchebag. It's his own fault. And reallistically I think he's getting the better end of this deal anyway.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think he got the better end of the deal? Is it because Lewis is a liability with the case and the fact I gave up Alexander or what? I think Walker is worse than Johnson, McNabb>Brady, and Alex>Lewis but I think Lewis will do some damage before his case in which he'll most surely get acquitted cuz hes got the money to buy freedom.
Showtyme5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bowie » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:31 pm

If the trade was initially accepted, and made it through the normal veto process, than this guy has no case. Just because you are the commisioner does not mean you give up normal league rights. Look at it this way, if you were not the commisioner, you would expect to be allowed to keep these players, correct? The rest of the league seems fine with you keeping these players, correct?
This is a done deal. I know you don't want to seem like a bad commisioner, but at the same time you can't let yourself get pushed around as a team owner.

Edit: Depending on who my other QB was, I'd take his end of the deal anyway.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:34 pm

I agree with Free Bagel, they guy sounds like a whiner.

He may be your friend and you may want him to stay your friend, but you can only be "nice" to a point.

FFL rules (written and unwritten) are pretty clear. Once you pull the trigger on a deal, it's final. If you forget to change your lineup before the deadline: Too Bad... If you attempt a trade after the trade deadline...Too Bad.

You HAVE to follow the rules in these leagues or it throws the whole thing in the toilet.

DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOUR FRIEND THINKS.... WORRY ABOUT WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IN YOUR LEAGUE WILL THINK OF YOU IF YOU CAVE INTO THIS GUY AND GIVE HIS FORMER PLAYERS BACK!!!!!!
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby iloveny18 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:43 pm

Free Bagel wrote:First of all, he's a douchebag for accepting on a Saturday and then changing his mind after seeing Sunday's performances. What a crybaby.

couldn't agree more. it would be different if it was the same week, but saturday, then AFTER the weeks games he wants to reneg, AND you agree to vote against it AND you STILL didn't get voted agianst? i say if he wants his guys back so badly, let him make you a better offer you gave him in the first place
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Football Talk