Ridiculous Scenario......Need Advice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ridiculous Scenario......Need Advice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Teck » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:36 pm

He accpeted the trade. No reason he should go and cry about it and be a pussy. Tell him to suck it up.
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby marvin88 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:03 pm

i agree with everyone else. Also, I wouldn't worry about the perception that you're a self interested commish. If you already have veto rules than a commish has no power over it and you're just like any other team. Would you even have asked if you had just been a member of the league and not its commisioner? The trade stands no doubt and it was nice of you to vote against your own trade to start with. If you want to be really nice to him you can trade back but that makes you a saint. I don't think anyone has the right to say anything even during the veto process. I had a guy in one of my leagues post to the whole league asking to veto the trade after he'd agreed. Of course they will, so all that means is you can take a trade instantly then think it over for a while and get it vetoed instead of hearing a trade offer and having to make up your mind while the other guy is still out shopping his players. Now that may not be how it is in your league but I wouldn't ever vote to veto a trade if one of the parties involved asked me too, even if the trade was bogus just to teach the baby a lesson.

ps. i'm really a nice guy ;-)
marvin88
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: wishing i could change my name to canadian colthead.

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:30 pm

The salient issue here is following the league rules. That's what allows an owner to also be the commish and avoid perception of abuse.

If the trade was completed and survived veto, then it's done.
If you offered to revisit a veto after the fact and even voted his way, then you've gone above and beyond the call as both commish and owner.

Don't worry about bruised feelings. If anyone comes back to you on this, refer them to the league rules. Unless there's something in there you haven't shared.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mad benjamin » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:37 pm

I don't think I could add to much to what these guys have already said. You abided by the rules. For you to reverse the trade would open up a Pandora's Box I don't think you'd want. You'd be a push-over as commissioner, guys would want the rules bent or broke and your authority as commissioner would be compromised. Sounds as though the guy knew the rules, it was voted on, and he lost. He needs to accept it and move on. I don't think either of you made out poorly in that trade.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk