Houston TE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Houston Texans

Houston TE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Houston TE

Postby Homeless » Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:14 am

According to the Houston Chronicle, Billy Miller enters training camp as the No. 1 tight end, ahead of rookie Bennie Joppru and third-year player Jabari Holloway. Miller led the team with 51 catches last season.

There will be competition for playing time in training camp, but Miller is expected to see the most action in the regular season. He's not a bad sleeper at tight end.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:53 pm

Texans re-sign TE Billy Miller

HOUSTON (ESPNTicker) - The Houston Texans on Thursday re-signed tight end Billy Miller, who led the team with 51 catches for 613 yards last season.

Terms were not disclosed.

Miller, who was a restricted free agent, played in 29 games over three seasons with the Denver Broncos before signing with the Texans in February 2002. He played in all 16 games last season for the expansion Texans and quickly became quarterback David Carr's favorite receiver.

The Texans plan to use Miller in double tight sets with Bennie Joppru, a second-round pick out of Michigan, this season.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:20 am

Texans tight end Billy Miller signed a one-year contract on Thursday. ESPN reports the deal to be worth $610,000. Miller led the team with 51 receptions last year.

Our View
Miller will be battling second-round pick Bennie Joppru for playing time. We see Miller keeping the job, especially in passing situations, because of his good hands.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to Houston Texans