More information is good - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

More information is good

Moderator: Football Moderators

More information is good

Postby Krazifan » Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:13 am

First off, let me state that I'm NOT trying to steal any of you away from this site. Fantasy Football Café is a great resource for the fantasy football community. I'm simply alerting you to my own free fantasy football site. There's no such thing as too much good free information right?

At http://www.krazifan.com you will find customizable projections, web-based league management software, TeamTracker to keep tabs on your players, and of course strategy and news articles written by Krazifan staff and possibly some of our readers! To top it all off, the experts at Krazifan are available year-round to answer your questions through Ask Krazifan.

If you have questions about the site or why I qualify to run such a site, they're probably already answered in our General Questions FAQ (Help->FAQ Categories->General Questions).

Please take a look and if you like what you see, great, another bookmark to help you win your fantasy league. If not, it didn't take much time to look and you can come back here and tell me how much my site sucks :-)

Thanks.
Scott

P.s. Mods feel free to delete me if you have strict rules about solicitation or if you feel that people should ONLY visit your site and you see me as competition (no matter how small) instead of a partner in dispensing free fantasy football information.
Krazifan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:24 pm

Great looking site, im sure you will do well. ;-D

Though im not sure why you dont just join us ALL here and make the Cafe an even better resource :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Krazifan » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:42 pm

I may frequent the Cafe more now that I have found it (it's already in my bookmarks)

I do my site for fun and a big part of the site is the league management software which I wrote myself. It started out as a way to automate my league's website and kinda grew ... a lot! So I don't really plan on closing up shop and writing for a bigger site :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

Scott
Krazifan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Homeless » Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:45 pm

Ahh that makes sense, I guess youve put a lot of work into it.

Tell me do you have to manually enter the stats each week ? or is there some place you can rip it from ?
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Krazifan » Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:22 pm

Ack! Manual stats, hell no!

I pay for a software program which gives me the stats in a format I can import into my database ;-D
Krazifan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Homeless » Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:42 pm

Krazifan wrote:Ack! Manual stats, hell no!

I pay for a software program which gives me the stats in a format I can import into my database ;-D

hehe, I figured you werent doing it manually, you'd have to be Krazi to do that :-)

So where does one buy these stats from ? im just curious, not starting my own site or anything hehe
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Krazifan » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:02 am

No offense, but I'd prefer not to give out that info. Suffice it to say, it is just a normal league stats program you can get for < $100. Several of the reports are used to pull data for my database.
Krazifan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Krazifan » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:28 pm

BTW, if anyone is interested in checking out how the software runs, I'm running a "Re-run" league starting it's draft this Sunday. I have room for up to 6 more teams. For more information, check out:

http://www.krazifan.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=10&mode=&order=0&thold=0

It'll be some fun as well as allowing me to work out any final bugs in the system before it goes live for 2003 :-)
Krazifan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Classifieds