Resetting Waiver Wire?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Resetting Waiver Wire??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Resetting Waiver Wire??

Postby kmac » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:56 pm

This is my first year playing Fantasy Football, things are going pretty well... but I have a question. Is it pretty standard to play with a resetting waiver wire?? I had the #1 draft pick, so every week my WW status is reset to the bottom. It doesn't seem fair to me, especially since a lot of the top draft picks are injured. It would be better to have the last pick of the draft and pick up the best option every week. Is this normal?

11-5 Lifetime Fantasy Record with a 2nd place finish.
kmac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby whataboutdafins » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:02 pm

The leagues I play in are set up so that the last pick of the draft gets #1 waiver priority. If at anytime someone picks up someone from the waiver wire (not a free agent but someone just waived) then they move to the bottom of the list. This cont in this order throughout the season. I think that this is a much more fair way to play for all.
Marino for President!!
whataboutdafins
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:31 pm

Standard yahoo leagues use the reverse of the draft order as stated above. In the private leagues I'm in we let the guy with the worst record pick first, it there's a tie lowest season point total breaks it. So if you keep getting the last waiver priority your getting screwed.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bowie » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:40 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:Standard yahoo leagues use the reverse of the draft order as stated above. In the private leagues I'm in we let the guy with the worst record pick first, it there's a tie lowest season point total breaks it. So if you keep getting the last waiver priority your getting screwed.

Long answer: Standard yahoo leagues do go in reverse order, but only at the begining of the season. Once the season begins, however, the waiver priority changes only when someone uses their priority to pick up a player (being moved to the back of the list). I don't much like this idea of the list resetting to reverse draft order each week. This seems a bit lopsided towards teams with later draft picks. The only way I can see this being fair is if your draft did not snake.
I am in another league where each week the order is reset according to the standings (worst picks first). This is fair as well.

Short answer: Your system is not standard as far as I know, and it seems to give too much advantage to teams who picked late. That said, it is not so unfair that I would change it mid-season, especially if this rule was posted before the season started.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:47 pm

Bowie wrote: Standard yahoo leagues do go in reverse order, but only at the begining of the season. Once the season begins, however, the waiver priority changes only when someone uses their priority to pick up a player

Sorry, that's what I meant to say. I thought it was common knowledge.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:54 pm

In my private $$$ league, we have the WW priority set so that the team with the worst reord gets first dibs @ the WW come the start of the week, followed by the second, all the way to the best...but our league only allows 5 adds/drops... :-t
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bowie » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:15 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:
Bowie wrote: Standard yahoo leagues do go in reverse order, but only at the begining of the season. Once the season begins, however, the waiver priority changes only when someone uses their priority to pick up a player

Sorry, that's what I meant to say. I thought it was common knowledge.

No, your post made sense, I just mis-read it.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk