Opinions on Caldwell? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Opinions on Caldwell?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Opinions on Caldwell?

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:03 pm

What do you guys think of him? I havn't heard much about him except for the fact he's doing pretty good. I just added him in my keeper for Lamar Gordon, but not sure what to expect from him... Thoughts?
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:13 pm

lame move... he hasn't been productive in the past. All the Tribune (SD paper) does here is rag on poor Reche...

I know everyone would like to blame poor Brees for Reche's prior lack of success... but its Brees's receivers and offensive line that's held him back. Cauldwell is mediocre, and will stay that way.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby cooleyhigh » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:21 pm

retch - to vomit

Dont expect big things.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:21 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:lame move... he hasn't been productive in the past. All the Tribune (SD paper) does here is rag on poor Reche...

I know everyone would like to blame poor Brees for Reche's prior lack of success... but its Brees's receivers and offensive line that's held him back. Cauldwell is mediocre, and will stay that way.

I figured I can always just drop him again for someone else, so I wouldn't consider it a lame move... especially since Gordon's done for the year...
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ngub12 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:41 pm

i picked him up because im hurtin for a wr and i realized he is in his third year. im not expecting big things but im hopin we will pan out to a good #3 wr.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:04 am

I certainly wouldn't call it a lame move - with Gordon done for the year what does it hurt? I wouldn't expect much more than 30 - 60 yards out of him a game but it's better than nothing. He's got a couple TDs this year already so at least he is being looked at in the redzone.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:57 am

I suppose it depends on who else is on the wire. Passing up an oppurtunity to pick up dependable WR to get Reche IS a lame move... what were your other options?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Lung » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:42 pm

The guy has one bad game where he only makes 3 catches for 39 yards and no TDs and you guys are ragging on him? He was up against Champ Bailey, one of the best cornerbacks in the league!

Reche has averaged 66 yards and a touchdown in the first two games of the season. The guy is tied at 7th in the league for receiving touchdowns. Forget what happened in years past and look to Caldwell's 2004 performance and stats. If he throws up three or four bad games in a row from here out, then drop him. But if he continues on pace and puts up 10 touchdowns this year, he's a sleeper of the year candidate.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Return to Football Talk