Commissioner help! Collusion or fair trade?R.Wayne 4 Deuce?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Commissioner help! Collusion or fair trade?R.Wayne 4 Deuce??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flockers » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:10 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Hes a flip flopper! Thats why he gets so many posts, hes on both sides of the issues ( ;-) :-D )

He went John Kerry on us! :-b
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Paladyr » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:20 pm

i think it's a bad trade, but not bad enough to claim collusion.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:22 pm

alright....so everyone said that the trade should be allowed....so, commissioners aren't allowed to veto bad trades? (except in extreme cases of a bad trade-i.e., chris chandler for priest holmes) What happens if the majority of the league members disagree with the trade?
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DanDigital » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:24 pm

That trade should stand.

Even though Deuce is potentially much more valuable than Wayne, Deuce is a big fat question mark this year right now because he's injured, and his backup has played pretty well. With Stecker producing, Haslett might hold back on Deuce's return for even longer. If Deuce was healthy this trade is obviously bogus but with Deuce hurt, possibly for six more weeks, I don't think it is unfair. Having Wayne for 14 weeks might be equivalent to having Deuce for 8 weeks.
DanDigital
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:36 pm

No trade is exactly even, and everyone is going to have an opinion that one side got the better of it. I think having Deuce is the better option, but who knows? Maybe the guy trading Deuce has depth at RB and desparately needs a WR. Maybe he just thinks Wayne is the next stud at WR.

IMO, there are two reasons to veto:

(1) collusion, and
(2) unconsciounability, which means there is no collusion but the trade is so one-sided on its face that no sane person would make it and it threatens the competitve balance of the league.

In this case, I don't see any evidence of collusion, and this trade is not so terrible on its face that it should be vetoed.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bowie » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:21 am

gatorman1122 wrote:alright....so everyone said that the trade should be allowed....so, commissioners aren't allowed to veto bad trades? (except in extreme cases of a bad trade-i.e., chris chandler for priest holmes) What happens if the majority of the league members disagree with the trade?

League vote generally comes down to which team the rest of the league fears more. If the team getting Duece is high in the standings, than people will vote aginst the trade. If the team giving up Duece is good, than they will vote for it hoping he is making a mistake. League members are not responsible for doing what is fair, they are responsible for winning. It is the league commish's job to do what is fair in cases like this.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:22 am

Certainly the best player I have seen to be traded for Reggie Wayne at this point, but i don't think it's unfair.

Lots of questions at this point.

1) when is deuce coming back
2) will stokley and harrison eat into wayne's production

Looks ok to me. I would not have given up Deuce for him, but I would not veto it.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Jury » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:29 am

Given their situations and stats this season, I don't think you can really shut down this trade. In a normal year I'd easily take Duece over Reg, and probably even this year, but this trade is passable as much as you/I hate it.
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:07 am

Flockers wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:Hes a flip flopper! Thats why he gets so many posts, hes on both sides of the issues ( ;-) :-D )

He went John Kerry on us! :-b

Wow... now we're bustin' out politics...

Stupid Kerry. :-t

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:59 am

sometimes it is worth it long term to take less for a longer period of time.

having mcallister is great and all, but if you are going to loing half the time from here to there, what's the point?

So if you have six more games without him say, he is giving you zero points. that is too big a % of the season to take a goosegg IMO. win now and worry about later later.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk