J-Walk part 2? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

J-Walk part 2?

Moderator: Football Moderators

J-Walk part 2?

Postby Nohl » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:13 pm

The question plain and simple: Will Javon Walker have a week (I know 200 yards and 3 touchdowns wont happen) like last week. He was Farve's go to guy againts the Colts but I think that was basically because Green wasn't getting it done on the ground and they needed the points. This week the Packers play the Giants so I'm thinking that againts a weak defense like theres Green will have a huge day, leaving J-Walk in the dust. Would it be a better idea to start someone along the likes of Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, or Reggie Wayne. Is this only the beginning for J-Walk?
Nohl
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:29 pm

Santana Moss and Andre are both better starts than Walker IMO regardless. Walker's good, but I don't think that he can repeat what he did last week.

I'll admit as a Giants fan our D is weak, letting the Packers get the early lead and burning the clock with Ahman running. I wouldn't expect as many looks as Javon got last week, but he still should be good.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:25 pm

In week two Javon had over 100yds, the next week 3 TDs and over 100yds. If he doesn't have Favre's attention and respect now, when will he. Add the dropped passes by Driver, Fergie's injury and I can't find and reason to sit him.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:36 am

If you have a hot player, I say ride him until he cools off. Start Walker.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:50 am

Considering Matchups, I would probably start Walker...

JAX defense is TOUGH, and I don't think we'll see huge passing numbers out of Indy... I'd expect about 240 yards at the most, and with 3-4 viable receiving options, and Stokely with a hot hand, I'm not sure Wayne is a lock for very much this week...

Santana is facing Miami, and they still have a top flight defense... Again, I'd expect to see about the same kind of numbers out of Penny as Manning, and New York has other options, so I don't think you are guaranteed anything out of Moss...

Andre Johnson is facing a MUCH improved Oakland defense that is getting lots of pressure out of its line... Carr is good, but I think the young guy might be in for a lesson in collapsing pockets this week, and no doubt Johnson is going to be facing Woodson with help from Ray Buchanan all day... That sounds like picks to me... Especially with Dom Davis out...

The Giants are 8th worst in the NFL when it comes to giving up FF points to WR's... In my league, they give up an average of 24.2 FF points to the wideout position... However, they are 13th best in the NFL when it comes to giving up points to RB's... They give up an average of 16.6 FFP to the RB position... I can see Walker having a big day against New York....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Presto » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:13 am

Santana "Moss tallied 12 receptions for 208 yards and a touchdown in two games against the Dolphins last year."

I would start him. Penny is now healthy too.
Presto
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:31 am

Presto wrote:Santana "Moss tallied 12 receptions for 208 yards and a touchdown in two games against the Dolphins last year."

Yeah, and 61 of those yards and the TD came on one pass play at the beginning of the season thrown by Testaverde in a game in which Moss had 142 yards... BEFORE he broke out and became the number 1 in New York... He was a sleeper WR then, who was covered one on one by the #2 CB, and he burned him deep and made a diving catch in the endzone... No one saw that coming, as he was an unknown at that point...

Have a look at the last game of the season for a more accurate estimation of this upcoming game:

66 yards, 0 TD's.....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:16 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Presto wrote:Santana "Moss tallied 12 receptions for 208 yards and a touchdown in two games against the Dolphins last year."

Yeah, and 61 of those yards and the TD came on one pass play at the beginning of the season thrown by Testaverde in a game in which Moss had 142 yards... BEFORE he broke out and became the number 1 in New York... He was a sleeper WR then, who was covered one on one by the #2 CB, and he burned him deep and made a diving catch in the endzone... No one saw that coming, as he was an unknown at that point...

Have a look at the last game of the season for a more accurate estimation of this upcoming game:

66 yards, 0 TD's.....

Very sound advice, I would update "estimation of this upcoming game" to read "estimation of this upcoming season average".
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Teck » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:52 pm

A lil homer, but I like javon this week against the giants, but I also like the packers other recievers, because I think after last week they're going to be covering Javon hardcore.. Moss agains the dolphins tho, I'd start him over walker any time.. I don't know, personal preferance but I'd go with moss probably.
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Football Talk