drew bledsoe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

drew bledsoe

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:28 pm

I agree.

About the Bledsoe sucking ass part.

Because he sucks. If it happens to be ass, then so be it.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:15 am

Bledsoe is not only a blight on the sport of football, but a blight on humanity as a whole... The world would be a better place if he had been aborted.... ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:46 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Bledsoe is not only a blight on the sport of football, but a blight on humanity as a whole... The world would be a better place if he had been aborted.... ;-D

Wow - that's pretty harsh and kinda uncalled for. :-t

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: drew bledsoe

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:58 am

macman8494 wrote:does any one know a site were i can compile his stats vs the pats since he went to the bills i know they are god aweful. or if some one has already done this i could benefit greatly from your homework

Week 1 last yr:
17 for 28, 230 pass yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

Final Score: NE 0 - BUF 31. 8-o

Week 17 last yr:
12 for 29, 83 pass yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT

Final Score: NE 31 - BUF 0. 8-o

Funny how things change over the course of a season.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:33 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:8-18 in buffalo

bledsoe sucks ass

I will ignore the ignorance of this comment on the grounds that you have no idea what you're talking about.

im rubber your glue whatever say bounces off me and sticks to you! *sticking my tongue out* what is this grade school? Can you support your statement?

i heard it on the radio...thought they knew what they were saying...my bad...

he has 14 wins and 20 losses in two seasons with BUFFALO and this year included....Man that record is beautifully supportive of my opinion about bledsoe. HE STILL SUCKS ASS...after careful consideration and personal research

'03 bledsoe stat line
474 attempts-274 completions, %58.2 completion %, 2860 yards,11 TDs 12 INTs, 20+ yards pass plays=28 times, 40+ 2 times. QB rating 73 and he fumbled the ball 16 times lost it 10 times.

'02 stat line pretty decent year with peerless price...then he leaves and bledsoe can't deal with it. PLAYERS THAT DONT SUCK ASS make do with what they have...a la Favre

'01 stat line-damn he didnt play much, because somebody else was better than him and the entire coaching and organization agreed with that decision and traded his sorry ass away.

PS TWO SUPER BOWL victorys later i think it was a STUPID decision to release or trade or do whatever they did with him.

Another thing no1cowboysfan, i have seen alot of your posts and you hardly seem to back up any of your thoughts with serious statistics, trends, numbers, maybe alot of hot air.evidence supporting my statement a link to ALL your posts---> http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... 13&start=0

dont even try to post any of bledsoe previous numbers from years with NEW ENGLAND. thats old shit, he WAS good. that has absolutely no credibility with his performance now. He sucks ass. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY.*suck ass* i am a bledsoe '03 owner i followed his game. DIMINISHING RETURNs

Next time you plan to call someone out use your brain and reinforce your judgements with credible information and not your own IGNORANT opinions. you are just asking for other people to validate your lacking intelligence.
Last edited by UNDEFEATED on Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:40 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
cbrowns wrote:I didn't mean to offend you gramps. Bledsoe is old as in 'uncool,' or 'lost a step.' It's slang.

Bledsoe = extremely slow pocket QB
Buffalo's O-line = not too great

add them together...

If Buffalo played for Kansas City, he'd still be a top 10 QB. Maybe higher.

if BUFFALO you mean BLEDSOE, last i checked he didnt play for KC...You might as well have said IF RYAN LEAF was in KC he would be a top 10 QB...

you cant make reasonable statements with imaginary facts..give me a break
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:43 am

And I bet that you are one of the people that say Drew Brees "sucks ass." You say I am spouting hot air? Honestly, I am only going to say this once... STATS AREN'T EVERYTHING.

Look at Priest Holmes. In 98, in a team with no offense (Baltimore), he had his best year in Baltimore. What did he get? just over 1000 yards and 7 touchdowns. Did Priest Holmes suck, or was he on a team that did not feature his finer qualities? I find it hard to believe he magically amassed extrodinary skill in short time.

By the way, his first year in Kansas City (3 years later), he got 1500 plus rushing yards, 8 TDs.

Another example: Vinny Testeverde

Vinny was drafted by Tampa Bay in 1987. He spent 6 seasons there... during the latter 5 seasons (i will omit the rookie season, seeing as how he only played 6 games), he had a QB rating average of 65.3.

Vinny spent the next five years with the Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens. During those five years, he had an average of 81.76.

He spent the next 6 years with the New York Jets. He only played for 3 full season's there... during those 3 full seasons, his QB average was 81.96.

Currently, his rating in Dallas is 80.7.

Rodney Peete is another example...

In Peete's 5 years with the Lions, he had an average of 72.62. Two years later (he was a backup in Dallas for a year.. averaged 102.5) he began with the Philedelphia Eagles... where he stayed for 4 years...he had an average of 71.15. He then spent a year in Washington, where he had an average of 82.2. He spent 2 years in Oakland bench-warming, and then has had 4 electrifying years in Carolina, onnly one where he had a complete season, where he had a rating of 77.4.

My point in all this is that people can preform differently in different teams. And even if you want to put that much of a basis in stats, how well did Drew do in NE?

In the nine years he played, he had a QB rating of 75.94 (last season admitted, where he played only 2 games). In Drew's first 2 seasons in Buffalo, Drew had averaged 79.5. Wait... that's higher, isnt it? Damn... looks like somebody didn't do his homework.

UNDEFEATED wrote:PLAYERS THAT DONT SUCK ASS make do with what they have...a la Favre.

No, GREAT players make do with what they have. its those players that are Canton-bound. Of course, Bledsoe probably is Canton bound.. but even still. Am I saying Bledsoe is great? No, not anymore... He is a serviceable quarterback in the situation he is in. But please, try not to say Bledsoe, one of the true greats of our time, "sucks ass." That type of nonsense only perpetuates the "forget the past" theme going today in football. People are quick to point fingers at Rich Gannon, but does anyone remember he was the league MVP of 2002? Im not saying he is great now, but people are too quick to lay blame.

All I'm asking is for you, and everyone, to please remember that when players are put into situations that do not fit their style of playing, they will be less effective. A QB with slowness of foot will not operate well in a line which allows a lot of sacks. Peerless Price won't operate well on a team where the QBs backup plan is not to throw deep, but instead to run. Remember Bledsoe isn't washed up yet.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:32 am

I am glad to see your response...unfortunately it is falted...

BTW i went to high school in BONITA VISTA, SD. i am aware of the chargers plight. Drew Brees does suck. Thats why the chargers drafted ELI MANNING and traded for PHILLIPS. They Chargers need to do something about their quarterback situation. My bad they drafted a qb #1 becuz it was funny. cmon.

You are talking about priest, vinny, and peete...i understand their situations...but the relevance is minimal in our statements...adjusting the arguement to focus on your strong points is a weak strategy...keep things on the straight and narrow.

I did my homework and i clearly stated drew bledsoe sucks ass NOW. Everything in this forum is directed to FANTASY STATUS. i clearly stated he WAS a good QB. As a fantasy qb bledsoe sucks ass now. As you gladly admitted in your post and in your own words contradict your own statements. Great job.

Statistics may not be EVERYTHING and please point out where i said it is everthing. It will never happen. Because i didn't. I am not dumb.

Once again you contradicted yourself. Yes bledsoes QB average for two years in buffalo, one at about 87% and the second at 73% is going to be higher than his combined 9 years minus the rookie and last season. So 7 years is lower than his 2 seasons in buffalo. Law of averages favors the 2 year average vs the 7 year average. Anyways that stat is not important to my statement. BTW if stats aren't everything why are you using them in attempts to validate your points. Hypocrite.

anyways i have a lot more to say and point out but im going to stop picking away at your arguemtative style. Its pointless. thanks for the challenge though. i seriously appreciate people like you. peace out.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:39 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:BTW if stats aren't everything why are you using them in attempts to validate your points. Hypocrite.

2 reasons... fighting fire with fire, and relating in a way you could appreciate. its not hypocritical... its bringing the conversation in a new light...

i guess we'll never see eye-to-eye on it, but i guess we can agree to disagree.

whatever that means... :-B

EDITED TO ADD: Also, the guy is named Rivers, not Phillips. His FIRST name is Phillip...

but then again, I called Bledsoe "Buffalo," so what do i know...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:41 am

i was getting away from the true intention of this post.

Bottom line:
'03 Bledsoe 21st in qb fantasy land...NOT GOOD ENOUGH IN MY LEAGUE...year long good numbers but week to week...he shouldn't be anyones starter even this year...avg less than 175 and less than 1 td a game
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk