Defensive Streams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Defensive Streams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Defensive Streams

Postby hawksrcool » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:33 am

The Jags are the defense I hang onto but I've had good luck streaming. I have the Falcons from last week, they have been great this year but is that only because of thier schedule. Should I hold onto them and drop the Jags? I've got 3 good streaming options this week in Atlanta, Pittsburg and the Jets. Who should I go with? Should I drop the Jags?
hawksrcool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:38 am

Drop ATL.
Hold onto JAX.
Play NYJ in week 4. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:40 am

I would rather have Atlanta than Jacksonville.... JAX is a defense like Washington... They are really good about limiting the production of the opposing offense, and do not allow a lot of points scored against them, but they are not very big sack/int/fumb producers... Atlanta, in the other hand, is leading the league in sacks and fumble recoveries... and they have a couple of ints and a TD, to boot... I don't think you can go wrong with them right now... There are better plays THIS week, I think, but in general I think Atlanta is definitely a top 3 fantasy D this year (along with Seattle and Baltimore)...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:49 am

I think Atlanta's defensive success is deceiving right now. They've played two bad offenses (SF, ARI) and one offense that is playing bad and far below potential (STL). I'd take any team defense in the NFL if I knew there next three games would be against those three.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chopper » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:36 am

Plindsey's right about keeping a close eye on the scoring stats. It may be too early to make season-long decisions about a DST right now, but Atl can't be dismissed. They'll give up points, but if they can continue to get TO's, they will retain their value.
I thought it was interesting to note that with regular Yahoo scoring, three of the top ten D's (Rams, Vikes, and Chiefs) were three of the bottom ten teams in points allowed.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby texanterrors » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:39 am

I would hang onto Atlanta a bit longer and see how it goes. Yes they have played some untalented ofenses thus far, but they have looked better than other def have been playing the same teams. I might start the jets D over them this week tho since the are playing Miami.
texanterrors
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk