My thoughts on the Colts "other" WR's v. The Jags - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My thoughts on the Colts "other" WR's v. The Jags

Moderator: Football Moderators

My thoughts on the Colts "other" WR's v. The Jags

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:07 am

As a Taylor and Smith owner, and someone that gets the Jags games broadcast locally, I have been watching all the Jacksonville games thus far, and the Jags have a huge disparity between their two corners... Rashean Mathis is an up and coming stud, and will no doubt be locked onto Harrison all day, but Dewayne Washington is the weak spot on that defense... He's so-so at best... Drew Bennett had him beat several times last week and either McNair missed him, or he dropped the ball... Decent #2 WR's fair well against the Jags, I think, and no doubt Manning is going to be abusing Washington all day long... Wayne and/or Stokely should be solid plays, IMO...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:31 am

I was actually thinking the same thing- Very good observations-
Plus with their great line, Manning is going to have to beat them through the air rather than with James and Rhodes-
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:45 am

Hmm, I get this strange feeling that I've heard this all before... ;-)

I like the idea. The Colts could do this all year and torch a whole lot of teams. I think Marvin along with anyone on that team would sacrifice his individual stats for a win. Harrison will get open at times, but Wayne, Stokely, and company will also be open. Manning is reading like a man possessed right now, and he'll locate the open man.

I have to assume that Edge will run more than last week though, so I'm not holding my breath on another 180 yard + a TD performance. I would gladly take 60 and a touch. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Steve_Mac9 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:51 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Hmm, I get this strange feeling that I've heard this all before... ;-)

I like the idea. The Colts could do this all year and torch a whole lot of teams. I think Marvin along with anyone on that team would sacrifice his individual stats for a win. Harrison will get open at times, but Wayne, Stokely, and company will also be open. Manning is reading like a man possessed right now, and he'll locate the open man.

I have to assume that Edge will run more than last week though, so I'm not holding my breath on another 180 yard + a TD performance. I would gladly take 60 and a touch. ;-D

Honestly I think Marvin does pout when someone gets more looks than him - remember last year? Washington will be attcked wherever he is on the field because the other kid is good. Peyton will throw at Washington all day - better get some QUICK pressure or a bunch of safety help which in turn will leave the middle wide open for someone --- perhaps Dallas Clark.
Steve_Mac9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby marvin88 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:14 pm

Marvin pout? Not a chance. Just 'cause every other big name WR is a big mouth showboat don't put that on him. ;-) Seriously though, I've seen him get kinda pissed once. But that was when the opposing team(can't remember who they were playing) was getting shredded and by the second half he was in single coverage and felt like he was getting open (it looked on replays that he was) and the ball still wasn't coming his way. But games like last week where wayne and stokley are getting open because he's being covered then I've never seen him pout or anything. That is what's so great about having him on your team. No matter how badly the second cb is getting torched on the other side they can't switch 'cause if you let up on marvin he'll burn you all day.
That's all. I'm done now.
marvin88
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: wishing i could change my name to canadian colthead.

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:27 pm

Very nice analysis, I have Wayne as a backup and I am now considering starting him. ;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:35 pm

As a Stokley owner with Randy Moss on a bye, I like that analysis.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:07 pm

its either Stokely or Ferguson for me...I had thought to go Stokely at first, and then switched back to Fergusson thinking that its a flip flop every week who will get theirs in GB and Javon got his last week. However, this will make me change it back to Stokes :) (atleast until i read something else before their game this weekend)
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk