Virus - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Virus

Moderator: Football Moderators

Virus

Postby Slingblade » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:08 pm

Just checked my mail and attachments were sent from the fantasyfootballcafe webmaster with a virus in it...also got an attachment virus from slickdog@comcast(i think thats gutt)....some new e-mail self sending virus sending itself to anyone else?.....virus name is NETSKY
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:13 pm

We're getting hit by W32.Beagle at work today. It's a self generating email virus like the one you're describing.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:26 pm

I just got this warning from McAfee

W32/Bagle.az@MM is a Medium Risk mass-mailing worm that installs a Remote Access component that can provide hackers access to your computer. Carried inside an email attachment, the virus spreads by emailing itself to e-mail addresses found on your computer and copies itself to folders used by popular file-sharing programs such as KaZaa, Bearshare and Limewire. Like its predecessors, it also tries to terminate anti-virus and other security software protection.

nasty stuff

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Virus

Postby menyak » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:21 pm

Slingblade wrote:Just checked my mail and attachments were sent from the fantasyfootballcafe webmaster with a virus in it...also got an attachment virus from slickdog@comcast(i think thats gutt)....some new e-mail self sending virus sending itself to anyone else?.....virus name is NETSKY

Yeah, unfortunately that's pretty common stuff - usually means that *someone* with gutt's or my email address in his address book caught the virus. Since we're two prominent figures, that could be about anyone in the world! :-b
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk