They're Baaa-ack. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

They're Baaa-ack.

Moderator: Football Moderators

They're Baaa-ack.

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:34 pm

By The Associated Press
updated: 06/19/2003 04:39 PM

Rams coach Mike Martz said Friday that two-time NFL MVP quarterback Kurt Warner ``is throwing the ball the best I've ever seen him throw'' and appears ready to move past last season's injury-plagued showing.

``He's so intense,'' Martz said during a 35-minute talk to a group of business people and educators in St. Louis. ``The fire had gone out of the game for Kurt. He had put too much pressure on himself. That's been resolved. He is ready to go.''

Warner, who broke his pinky finger and his hand last season, had only three touchdown passes and 11 interceptions and was 0-6 as a starter last year as the Rams stumbled to a 7-9 record, missing the playoffs a season after narrowly losing to New England in the Super Bowl.

As a backup last season to Warner, Marc Bulger was the team MVP after leading the Rams to all seven victories in eight starts last season. On Friday, Martz called Bulger ``one of the top five quarterbacks in the league.''

During his remarks Friday, Martz -- entering his fourth year as the Rams' head coach -- assured the crowd that the Rams would be back in playoffs form this fall.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: They're Baaa-ack.

Postby awwchrist » Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:23 am

Guttpuppy wrote:On Friday, Martz called Bulger ``one of the top five quarterbacks in the league.''.

8-o

McNabb
Manning
Vick
Favre
Bulger???

Gimme a freakin break.
The guy plays SEVEN games and he's a top 5 QB?

If he's a top 5 QB do you sit him on your bench?

No, and no.

Marc faced Seattle 2x, Arizona 2x, SD, Chicago and Oakland ...all with HORRIBLE pass defenses.

He's polishing him up for trade bait. This guy is trying to take Skeletor's title as THE Spin Doctor.

oh and one more thing...nobody questions faulk or their air weapons..but they had BETTER solved their O-line issues.

Or else Faulk's gonna be walking out of alot more interviews at the end of the season.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:52 am

I cant wait to see how this unfolds. Almost as much as the couch holcomb saga :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:47 pm

It's just like when Buster Douglas KO'ed Tyson for the 1st time. The intimidation factor is gone. The Rams will improve on last year and be in the playoff hunt, but the Warner/Bruce/Holt/Az-Hakim magic will never be recaptured.

If Warner had his right arm amputated, Martz would say something to the effect of "Wait until you see him throw lefty."
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hayesb26 » Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:46 pm

9er Fan wrote:If Warner had his right arm amputated, Martz would say something to the effect of "Wait until you see him throw lefty."

heheh sad but true :-D
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:27 pm

he is just sayin that about bulger for trade bait....warner will be a top5 QB...watch and see....as much as i hate the rams.....like the title said......

.....They're Back!
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:02 pm

9er Fan wrote:If Warner had his right arm amputated, Martz would say something to the effect of "Wait until you see him throw lefty."

lmao!...that one was good one ;-D

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk