Lions RBs. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Lions RBs.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lions RBs.

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:49 pm

To have real competition, Shawn Bryson, Artose Pinner and Luke Staley have to be healthy. Bryson is coming off surgery on his left knee and barely participated in mini-camp. Pinner didn't take part in any drills. He's still recovering from an injured left ankle. Staley, often injured at Brigham Young and again last year as a rookie, missed a week of drills because of a pulled hamstring.

James Stewart will be the No. 1 halfback, no question.

Avon Cobourne, an undrafted rookie who had a productive career at West Virginia, also could contend.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:02 pm

Stewart is my sleeper this year.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:42 am

I have him penned in as a potential 3rd back. If he does share the rock with bryson, then heres hoping stewart gets the goal line carries.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby cwebb » Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:12 am

Stewart is definitely a fantasy starter again, he's pretty good but he could fall in the draft... If I could pick him late in round 3 or early 4th, I'd draft him for sure!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:57 pm

More from PFW:The hybrid of the West Coast offense preferred by head coach Steve Mariucci requires multiple running backs. “Mooch” likes to split up the chores among the backs so that the same player that is grinding for yards on first and second down gets a breather on third-down and goal-line situations. That may not be the case this season given the health of the Lions’ RB crop. Veteran James Stewart is the lone runner who left minicamp completely healthy. Rookie Artose Pinner (left ankle), backup Shawn Bryson (left knee) and second-year back Luke Staley (hamstring) were all limited or inactive, leaving undrafted rookie Avon Cobourne to work with the second string. That all will change when the Lions report to training camp, but Mariucci is considering putting as much work on Stewart’s plate as he can handle. The nine-year veteran from Tennessee has rushed for more than 1,000 yards in two of his three seasons in Detroit, but some scouts believe he will be more effective for the duration of a season if he’s limited to 15 to 18 touches per game.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

18 touches...more effective...no way

Postby JoeyHeisman03 » Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:41 pm

Stewart, being as strong as he is, should get 25 touches a game at least. He has got to take the pressure off of that recieving corpse which is loaded with depth, but often streaky and inconsistant at best. Rogers is still young, and we don't know how well he is going to do this year. He could get anywhere from 500-1500 yards and could score anywhere from 4-12 TD's this year. We just don't know. Schroeder is as old as my grandma, and Hakim... well... hes not very good w/o bruce and holt lining up beside him. Harrington is a pro bowler this year. If Stewart gets tired with all of the touches, put in a very effective TB in AVON. He was pretty effective in college, and should stay the same at the next level.

My Predictions:

Lions win the NFC North

Harrington=MVP of the NFC

Rogers=Rookie of the year

Stewart becomes a valuable fantasy back

GO LIONS!!!!!!
Harrington to Rodgers... TOUCHDOWN
JoeyHeisman03
Monday Morning Quarterback

Re: 18 touches...more effective...no way

Postby moochman » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:40 am

JoeyHeisman03 wrote:

My Predictions:

Lions win the NFC North

Harrington=MVP of the NFC

Rogers=Rookie of the year

Stewart becomes a valuable fantasy back

GO LIONS!!!!!!

Now I know where all of the Lion’s cornbread went! I agree that Stew could put up his best numbers this year and that Rogers has potential to have a great season. But picking Joey for MVP, and the Lions to win the North clearly shows that you have cornbread intoxication. You should go to a Tiger game to detox as soon as possible! I fear that Joey is a softy, not as much as Mitchell was, but too soft to get through the hard times in a game. Also the Leo’s are one of the youngest teams in the league and have many holes to fill. I feel I’m being very optimistic in picking the Lions to finish 7-9.
;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Detroit Lions