Buy Low Sell High had done wonders for my team. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buy Low Sell High had done wonders for my team.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Buy Low Sell High had done wonders for my team.

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:45 pm

Man this way of manufacturing players is great if done well. I drafted LT, then after Q-Tip's great week 1 I traded him for J-Lew. I also gave up Trent Green the trade, because I had Hasselback. Then recently I just traded Javon Walker and Warrick Dunn for Deuce McAllister. And the best thing is that we start 3 RB's. So I have possibly 3 1st rounders.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:05 pm

Agreed. It's given me alot of good food for thought. Nice trades btw.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:07 pm

Huked awn fonics dun wurked fer mi.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Buy Low Sell High had done wonders for my team.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:12 pm

TheOneManShow 26 wrote:Man this way of manufacturing players is great if done well. I drafted LT, then after Q-Tip's great week 1 I traded him for J-Lew. I also gave up Trent Green the trade, because I had Hasselback. Then recently I just traded Javon Walker and Warrick Dunn for Deuce McAllister. And the best thing is that we start 3 RB's. So I have possibly 3 1st rounders.

Congrats youre in a league with retards.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:16 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
TheOneManShow 26 wrote:Man this way of manufacturing players is great if done well. I drafted LT, then after Q-Tip's great week 1 I traded him for J-Lew. I also gave up Trent Green the trade, because I had Hasselback. Then recently I just traded Javon Walker and Warrick Dunn for Deuce McAllister. And the best thing is that we start 3 RB's. So I have possibly 3 1st rounders.

In my leagues, everyone is so defensive with their people, that they will only trade if they think they are solidly in the advantage here. Of course, that's how it usually works, but people will come at you with idiotic trades like my Issac Bruce for their Andre Johnson. There are only so many times you can say "eat sh*t" before you get flustered.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:12 am

Yea after what I've done so far, Im thinkin that they are retards. But hey a championship is a championship. That just shows how fast people jump on bandwagons. Man that Javon walker week just sky rocketed his value in this league.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bmonkey » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:20 am

I just traded away Pittman/Collins for Fred Taylor/McCown.
both that I picked up from FA during game last week. Taylor has tons of easy matchups coming and pittman will never get TDs. I think I made out niceley
Bmonkey
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Jury » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:14 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

In my leagues, everyone is so defensive with their people, that they will only trade if they think they are solidly in the advantage here. Of course, that's how it usually works, but people will come at you with idiotic trades like my Issac Bruce for their Andre Johnson. There are only so many times you can say "eat sh*t" before you get flustered.

Actually a Johnson-Bruce trade isn't idiotic in my opinion, seems pretty fair.
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sloww » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:30 pm

smart trades have been the key so far for me this year too... although i am only 1-2 so far this year with a tough weekend coming up, i am first in the league in total points by a margin of about 20

i had an ok. draft, but what i have been able to do since then with the buy low/sell high technique is what might set this team apart

after the first week, i traded with a guy my c.johnson and j.shockey for his r.moss - he was weak on te, and liked c.johnson for the year but why he made this trade with me i will never know - lucky me

after this last week when javon walker helped give me the highest weekly total by any team so far, i decided it was time to trade him and upgrade my rb's... so i put together this trade:
my T.Green/T.Barber/J.Walker for his J.Plummer/D.McAllister/C.Johnson - I GOT BACK CHAD JOHNSON AND GOT DEUCE IN THE DEAL TOO!!!

this particular guy is 0-3 this year and needed production in rb NOW so he wanted barber - plus walker's production last week put dollar signs in his eyes..

my team as drafted:

QB: D. Cullpepper, T. Green (1)
RB: F.Taylor, B.Westbrook, T.Barber (2)
WR: C.Johnson, L.Coles, J.Walker, L.Fitz (2)
TE: F.Jones,J.Shockey (1)
K:M.Stover (1)
D:New England,Buffalo (1)

my team now after trades, WW pickups:

QB: D. Cullpepper, J.Dellhomme
RB: F.Taylor,B.Westbrook,D.McAllister,M.Bennett
WR:R.Moss,C.Johnson,L.Coles,D.Givens
TE: D.Graham, E.Johnson
K: M.Stover
D: New England

again, this week is tough losing pepper and moss to a bye and having a top rb injured - i might even drop to 1-3, but i've got to think my chances are really good as the year moves on

i love buying low/selling high
sloww
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby DaChiefs » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:11 pm

The Jury wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

Actually a Johnson-Bruce trade isn't idiotic in my opinion, seems pretty fair.

i think its idiotic. The person getting johnson is raping the other kid. I feel bad for everyone buying high on bruce.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk