Buy Low Sell High had done wonders for my team. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buy Low Sell High had done wonders for my team.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BuckyGator » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:29 pm

Yeah but the first guy said "my Bruce for their Andre Johnson". Bruce has been great so far, but if you can get 'Dre Johnson, who will be one of the elite WRs for years to come, DO IT! Johnson leads the league in ypc, and has done just fine so far despite not getting near the number of looks he should. If Carr and the Texans offense wakes up, look out.
QB: Warner, Brees
RB: SJax, Dunn, Gore, Barlow, Maroney
WR: Steve Smith, Driver, Walker, Reg. Brown, Williamson, Wilford
TE: Winslow
K: Wilkins
D: Cincy
D: Matchups
BuckyGator
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:32 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:In my leagues, everyone is so defensive with their people, that they will only trade if they think they are solidly in the advantage here. Of course, that's how it usually works, but people will come at you with idiotic trades like my Issac Bruce for their Andre Johnson. There are only so many times you can say "eat sh*t" before you get flustered.

LOL... he's the one that should be flustered for you not taking Johnson... what moron would offer Andre Johnson for Bruce... If I were you I'd ask if it were still on the table... Bruce isn't even the #1 on the team and Andre is Top 10 (IMO).
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby arrbez » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:38 pm

i think this one takes the ratard cake:

i traded:

McNabb (yeah, i was very sorry to see him go)
Daniel Graham (OMG! he's on pace for 24 TD's this year!!1!)
Deshaun Foster (worthless in t-minus 9 days...)

i recieved:

Marc Bulger
Torry Holt
Derrick Mason
Rudi Johnson

so basically, he traded me his #1 QB, #3 RB, and his top two WR's for my starting QB and two guys i grabbed off waivers
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:44 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:In my leagues, everyone is so defensive with their people, that they will only trade if they think they are solidly in the advantage here. Of course, that's how it usually works, but people will come at you with idiotic trades like my Issac Bruce for their Andre Johnson. There are only so many times you can say "eat sh*t" before you get flustered.

LOL... he's the one that should be flustered for you not taking Johnson... what moron would offer Andre Johnson for Bruce... If I were you I'd ask if it were still on the table... Bruce isn't even the #1 on the team and Andre is Top 10 (IMO).

People, this isn't a keeper league! IN YEARS TO COME is the main phrase here... Andre has more skill than Bruce, but Bruce is pulling in the big catches...

By the way, I picked Bruce in FA... i didnt buy high... haha.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby South Park Cows » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:07 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:People, this isn't a keeper league! IN YEARS TO COME is the main phrase here... Andre has more skill than Bruce, but Bruce is pulling in the big catches...

What!?!?Andre Johnson is better than Bruce.Sell high on Bruce.Don't forget he is #2 behind Holt.Sure,Holt ill get double teamed,but old man Bruce will be inconsistant.Offer up that trade again.Johnson will wind up being a steal for a ww pickup.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby DaChiefs » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:08 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
kanezfan11 wrote:

People, this isn't a keeper league! IN YEARS TO COME is the main phrase here... Andre has more skill than Bruce, but Bruce is pulling in the big catches...

if you dont trade bruce for andre johnson your an idiot. Plain and simple. bruce isnt even the #1 reciever on the team....
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:09 pm

South Park Cows wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:People, this isn't a keeper league! IN YEARS TO COME is the main phrase here... Andre has more skill than Bruce, but Bruce is pulling in the big catches...

What!?!?Andre Johnson is better than Bruce.Sell high on Bruce.Don't forget he is #2 behind Holt.Sure,Holt ill get double teamed,but old man Bruce will be inconsistant.Offer up that trade again.Johnson will wind up being a steal for a ww pickup.

its my mistake to make... ill keep bruce.

but if i can get something else out of it, I might reconsider.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:42 pm

DaChiefs wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
kanezfan11 wrote:

if you dont trade bruce for andre johnson your an idiot. Plain and simple. bruce isnt even the #1 reciever on the team....

Andre Johnson has a total of 5 career TD catches and only hauled in 65 passes last year.... on pace for 60 receptions this year. He may be a #1 WR target, but I can virutally guarantee you that some #2 WRs out there that will outcatch Andre this season. The fact is that the Texan's are still a 5-11 team no matter how you look at it and the Ram's are heads and shoulders above them. Andre lacks in receptions and makes up for it in the big play.

Isaac Bruce on the other hand is leading the NFL in receptions. He plays on a team that passes the ball over 70% of the time and he has a highly qualified WR on the other side to take pressure off him. You can't even call him the #2 WR on the team because he has produced similarily to Holt through 3 games this year.

You can look at the young promising WR vs. the old wearing down veteran WR and come to instant conclusions about trades involving them, but you could be dead wrong on this one. Who knows if Andre Johnson is a career 1000/6 WR like Amani Toomer especially considering he plays on the Texans. I'm fairly confident that Bruce can EASILY eclipse those numbers this season the way he is playing and being targeted, can you explain to me why I'm an idiot if I prefer Bruce over Andre for 2004?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby arrbez » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:54 pm

i have johnson, and i would love to see him be top 10. but it's not gonna happen this year. he'll be a decent #2, but i dont see him "breaking out" this year in the situation he's in

additionally, i dont see why everyone just assumes bruce is gonna go way downhill. does it matter that he's not the #1? b ruce has caught more than double the passes of johnson this year so far. i wonder which one of them is seeing more double coverage...

everyone seems to assume that bruce is crap now that holt has emerged as one of the best receivers in the league. isaac bruce is roughly 1 year older than terrel owens. is owens an "old man"?

what i'm trying to say is: don't rag on my buddy isaac bruce. he's still quick as hell, and one of the smartest recievers in the league. team that with the fact that the rams are passing more than ever, and i think bruce's numbers will be on par with what's been happening already

i'm not saying bruce will necessarily have better numbers, but i think it'll be a lot closer than everyone seems to think. week 3 is the time when i try to erase all preseason hype from my mind and just look at the stats. right now, i'll take the guy who's getting twice as many catches

don't call people idiots unless they're doing something really stupid. this isn't a keeper league remember
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby arrbez » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:55 pm

wow, looks like me and Kensat30 were typing the same thing at the same time...
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk