Buy Low Sell High had done wonders for my team. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buy Low Sell High had done wonders for my team.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Osk » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:07 am

i don't know if andre johnson will be much better than isaac bruce.. i think they'll have around the same numbers..

HOWEVER, the poster used that trade as an example of a horribly one-sided trade.. and it just isn't that way.. therefore, said user is an idiot. now, someone trying to trade me Vick for Tomislon.. and telling me I need vick because my QB sucks (i have trent green, and this was AFTER his 3 td game).. now THAT is a wack trade.
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:21 am

Osk wrote:i don't know if andre johnson will be much better than isaac bruce.. i think they'll have around the same numbers..

HOWEVER, the poster used that trade as an example of a horribly one-sided trade.. and it just isn't that way.. therefore, said user is an idiot. now, someone trying to trade me Vick for Tomislon.. and telling me I need vick because my QB sucks (i have trent green, and this was AFTER his 3 td game).. now THAT is a wack trade.

Said user is an idiot... now that's just hurtful. Whose to say who will put up better numbers? It is my belief Bruce will post better numbers this year... it is your belief they will be about even. So either way, whether Bruce edges Johnson or they are even, why would I waste my time with that trade?

By the way... there was actually a trade with Vick and Tomlinson... in a sense. It happened in the 2001 draft, where the Chargers traded their number one overall draft pick to Atlanta, for their five. Respectively, those picks turned into Vick and Tomlinson.

Was that a "wack" trade? BECAUSE IT HAPPENED. And say what you will, neither team made off better than the other.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RedskinsRock » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:39 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Osk wrote:By the way... there was actually a trade with Vick and Tomlinson... in a sense. It happened in the 2001 draft, where the Chargers traded their number one overall draft pick to Atlanta, for their five. Respectively, those picks turned into Vick and Tomlinson.

Was that a "wack" trade? BECAUSE IT HAPPENED. And say what you will, neither team made off better than the other.

That was NOTHING to do with fantasy football cowboy. Youre crazy for trying to use that argument as a reason Vick for Tomlinson trade is fair. you are "wack"
Joe Gibbs for President
RedskinsRock
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby noyz » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:36 pm

The only fair trade is a trade that improves both teams. I traded Chris Brown for Marvin, Gonzo and Duce Staley. Brown was on my bench and the other team needed help bad at RB. This trade improved both teams.
P. Rivers
J. Delhome

R. Bush
E. Grahm
M. Turner
M. Forte
R. Rice
K. Jones

T. Owens
R. Wayne
S. Smith

T. Gonzalez

Def. Matchup

Kicker not signed yet...

12 team league
noyz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby stikmata » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:06 am

[quote="noyz"]The only fair trade is a trade that improves both teams. I traded Chris Brown for Marvin, Gonzo and Duce Staley. Brown was on my bench and the other team needed help bad at RB. This trade improved both teams.[/quotend ]

you gave c. brown.

and recived

Tgoz

Duce S

AND

Marvin?!?!?

uhhh...

okaaaay

if this impoved both teams... his bench is STELLAR!
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk