did i goof as commissioner - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

did i goof as commissioner

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Osk » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:15 am

bullshit. I would be really pissed if you did this in my league (which you wouldn't, since i'm the commisioner). it is not the other guys fault that team A is stupid and doesn't know how to READ or ASK/LEARN to use waiver.. you should know EVERYTHING before you draft.. the scoring, the waiver period, trade deadline, EVERYTHING. you can't reward incompetence... I think you absolutely did the wrong thing.
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rodge » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:28 am

I agree with Osk. Ignorance is no excuse. I have a hard time believing that Team A didn't know that something wasn't right when he was attempting to put a claim in for Henry. Why did he post his intentions then - probably because he knew he wasn't doing it correctly. If Team A was confused, he should have contacted the commisioner to find out how to work the waiver wire, instead of just posting some stupid message. Also, we are heading into Week 4 of the season - didn't Team A make any waiver claims in the first three weeks? If he did, he should have solved his incompetence problem prior to this week. Rules are rules man. As a commisioner, it is your duty to enforce the rules, not bend them. Give Henry to Team B.
"I won't get you sixty, but I'll get you ten sixes."
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:33 am

BOTTOM LINE:

1st Year League...Then its OK

1st year league growing pains.

THEY SELECTED OR ALLOWED YOU TO BE THE COMMISH...THEN YOU ARE ALMOST GOD. You were appointed by them to make decisions and they have to live with it.

it was a very reasonable decision and consisdering the facts. You are right. You are the Commish.

If the WW is in a specific order and TEAM A is the ahead of TEAM B. Then there is no problem especially since he posted a message and was telling people his intentions.

team B may have been tryiing to capitalize on an honest mistake. bastard. but i would have tried it. actually not because its for LEonard henry.

Anyways bottom line considering the facts, situation, and your commish decision. You did the right thing. hopefully you are dealing with reasonable people and not immature bullheaded and ignorant morons.

GOOD LUCK. Place a link to this arguement on your site. I saw this on another post and try it. May help your personal situation.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bungle613 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:46 am

You did the right thing. He made it known that he wanted the player duringthe WW period. Nuff said. Just make sure he loses his WW priority.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:06 am

Bull. it the idiots fault that he doesnt understand how to work a waiver wire until the 4th week. he loses case closed.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Murray » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:21 am

It all depends on how much fun this league is meant to be. If it's a no-holds-barred, dog-eat-dog league, then Team B gets it. If it's a fun, friendly league, then Team A gets it.

It all comes down to how much of an hardass commissioner you want to be. I personally think you did the right thing.
Murray
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:49 am

Anyone that says he should lose the player because he didn't know how to use the waiver is a hater. You guys need to relax and realize that fantasy football is a game made for enjoyment rather than being FF Nazi's that wear their tighty whities three sizes too small.

He obviously intended to pickup the guy and he let it be known in the appropriate time frame, the player is his. Up until recently, waiver wires and scoring tabulation were done by hand using a newspaper..... It seems like the internet authorizes some people to be jerks about a lot of different situations, when it was brought about in the first place to make the game flow more smoothly and to AVOID controversy.

Loosen up.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby South Park Cows » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:22 am

Yeah,you made the right call.Introduce him to the league's website layout.Teach him how to use the ww.If this situation happens again I would reward the player to the team who claims him in thw ww period not through the boards.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby chchelse » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:31 am

Same thing happened in my money league. Guy couldn't access the site, wanted a player and called me and said so. 4 hours later, (before I listened to my messages), someone picked him up on-line. Called the guy who picked him up and told him the situation and told him the guy who called in the tansaction ould get the player. No problem. Of course I play with reasonable people who have character and integrity. Sounds like you don't. Sounds like many of the posters here don't................
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Challie » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:02 am

Commissioner is a thankless job, they should abide by your decision, which was pretty sound. (The guy could have made things easier by saying he was having problems in his post, but that's of no help now.)

Remember how thankless being the commish was before automated website? I can't believe the hours I've put in with numbers crunching and newsletters. Good times, good times.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk