did i goof as commissioner - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

did i goof as commissioner

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dustyn » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:42 am

To answer this question...your job as commissioner is to make judgment calls, to make decisions in the tough disputes or instances. You can argue the situation either way; there is no "right move" or "wrong move" in this instance. Articulate your reasons why for making the decision, reiterate that it's your job to make these kind of judgment calls, remind the league of how to process waiver players, and then don't give people in the future the benefit of the doubt if they screw up waiver procesisng. That's the way I'd handle this situation if I were commish in your league.
dustyn
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Original_Geek » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:24 am

Kensat30 wrote:He obviously intended to pickup the guy and he let it be known in the appropriate time frame, the player is his. Up until recently, waiver wires and scoring tabulation were done by hand using a newspaper..... It seems like the internet authorizes some people to be jerks about a lot of different situations, when it was brought about in the first place to make the game flow more smoothly and to AVOID controversy.

Loosen up.

Abso-freaking-lutely. I agree 100%. Maybe 110. That is exactly what I was thinking as I read the original post.

Commish made the right call. Period. For any type of league - fun, no money, or thousand dollar dynasty and any type in between.

OG.
OG - Original Geek
Word to your motherboard
Dallas Cowboys Fan Extraordinaire
May all your players get to play Oakland.
Original_Geek Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk