McNair has to be the NFL's TOUGHEST !! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McNair has to be the NFL's TOUGHEST !!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:37 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Osk wrote:i remember several years ago, watching emmit smith have a ganster game despite a seperated shoulder.. the guy is like 5'9 or something, has a seperated shoulder, and still managed over 100 yards and some TDs (i believe)... that was inspirational.

I think emmitt is 5'11'', but incredible none the less. Troy Aikman also played an entire game with a broken nose.

And anyways, Brett is obviously the toughest QB... or player in general... in the NFL. McNair is tough, but I haven't seen McNair play with a bruised thumb shortly after his father's death, and still be productive.

No, he's 5'9". Trust me.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Jury » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:11 am

BMadd wrote:I agree that McNair is one tough SOB, but then again, he takes the same hits that any other QB in the league takes and you don't hear about most of them being hurt all of the time. McNair is CONSTANTLY hurting. It's like Iverson in the NBA. Everyone thinks that he is tough, but he gets hurt more than anyone else in the NBA. Alot of other players play every game just as sore as these 2, they just don't let on that they are hurt.

You can't choose how easily you get hurt/injured, you can only choose have to deal with it.
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

McNair and Favre...

Postby fantasy messenger » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:50 am

Have any of you ever considered the possibility that the news media you read is sometimes a "smokescreen"?

Think about it.
Always do your homework!
fantasy messenger
Water Boy
Water Boy

Favre and McNair continued..

Postby fantasy messenger » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:00 am

Favre and McNair. They seem to be always hurt and they always play (almost).

See my last message.
Always do your homework!
fantasy messenger
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:18 am

bagobonez wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
Osk wrote:i remember several years ago, watching emmit smith have a ganster game despite a seperated shoulder.. the guy is like 5'9 or something, has a seperated shoulder, and still managed over 100 yards and some TDs (i believe)... that was inspirational.

I think emmitt is 5'11'', but incredible none the less. Troy Aikman also played an entire game with a broken nose.

And anyways, Brett is obviously the toughest QB... or player in general... in the NFL. McNair is tough, but I haven't seen McNair play with a bruised thumb shortly after his father's death, and still be productive.

No, he's 5'9". Trust me.

is he? my bad... Incredible little man, isnt he?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: McNair and Favre...

Postby proKrastinate » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:29 am

fantasy messenger wrote:Have any of you ever considered the possibility that the news media you read is sometimes a "smokescreen"?

Think about it.

its not a smokescreen when your quarterback doesn't practice for like 3 weeks but plays every game.

im not sure whether or not that is in favor of McNair, but I too think he is tough but at the same time injury prone. With might be that he isn't really tough. Its difficult to say. But for your coaches and team to not practice you week in and week out but start you on Sundays, your hurt in some form or fashion.

hey guys, atleast he's never been recorded of sitting because of his "lips"
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk