Giant news.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Giants

Giant news....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Giant news....

Postby Homeless » Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:08 am

Wide receiver Tim Carter, who tore his right Achilles' tendon last November, has looked healthy during recent minicamps, Newsday reported. In fact, Carter appeared so sharp during his cuts that it surprised quarterback Kerry Collins. "You think, 'Not enough time has gone by,'" Collins explained. "I think he looks great."

Carter, Ike Hilliard (shoulder), and Ron Dixon (knee) will all be healthy when training camp opens, and Collins will have more targets than he did at the end of last season. Hilliard will start alongside Amani Toomer, but Carter and Dixon will battle for the third spot.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby VIPER » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:36 am

With all the weapons Collins has I think he is in store for a great season.
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kashikis » Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:27 am

I've been sayin it all year the Giants could very easily have a top 5 offense this year. one fact that is very often overlooked about the NYG offense is that Collins was only sacked 24 times in 16 games. Thats the 5th fewest sacks of QB's for guys who played in at least 15 games (took one out to be fair 3rd if you use 16 games). That was supposed to be a weak point last year and turned out great so with another year to gel they should only improve.

So with Collins finally getting the protection he needs and with 4 solid WRs, the top TE and one of the most versatile backs in Tiki look for the NYG offense to make a big splash in 2003!
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to New York Giants