McNabb owners - would u want T.O. or Hines Ward? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McNabb owners - would u want T.O. or Hines Ward?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bugeater » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:04 am

Another vote for TO. I have the McNabb and TO combo already. Its been great!
Bugeater Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vandelay-Ind » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:22 am

Its amazing how many people love T.O. now. So many people were afraid his production would slip in Philly. I think he's the best wideout in the game, fantasy or not.

That said I don't like having a QB-WR combo. If they don't produce in a given week, you are losing points in 2 spots. But it will be interesting to see how Pittsburgh's offense goes w/ Big Ben at QB. He'll probably just look to Hines anytime he's in trouble. You'll be in good shape with obtaining either. ;-D
Vandelay-Ind
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:00 am

I think TO is the better fantasy WR, slightly. Ward has been producing, and will continue to be Big Ben's primary target. I've never liked the feast or famine style of WR/QB combo's so I would rather have Ward if I had McNabb. Of course if you're willing to put your whole season into the hands of that combo, TO will probably lead WRs in TDs this year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:42 am

i'd take TO, then make an offer for moss including TO. If not, then you still have a top two receiver and a top three qb. at some point the talent is too much to pass up, double dip or not.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bugeater » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:05 pm

eaglesrule wrote: at some point the talent is too much to pass up, double dip or not.

That why I took TO and McNabb in the 3 and 4th arounds.
Bugeater Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fantasizing » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:11 pm

TO and McNabb have only had 3 competitive games to get in "sync" with each other and look at the production they've put up thus far. Just imagine how much more production they'll generate as the season wears on and the timing improves. I think we all assumed before the season started that it would take the first half of the season for the two of them to "gel", but apparently that has happened sooner that we anticipated.
As the other posted stated above, it's tough to argue against TO scoring a TD in almost every game he plays this season, regardless of the opposition. You can't say the same for H. Ward.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk