*Sigh....Y a league member vetoed my trade..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

*Sigh....Y a league member vetoed my trade.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

*Sigh....Y a league member vetoed my trade.....

Postby HunglikeChampions » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:14 am

There has often times been complaints about why people never trade and always seem to veto trades. This was a respsonse from a league member after he vetoed a trade that was OFFERED to me where I get TO and I give up ROy WIlliams. Obviously I accepted even if ROy has been hot, but this was definately not collusion as I know the person who offered the trade and he never gives up in a league even if he is in last place, he just loves to make moves, and I dont think it is grossly unfair.
"the reason people veto trades is because they dont like having a good team making their team better. And besides me and dave, you have the 3rd best team, and by getting TO that would make your team that much better. So why would i want an unfair trade to begin with go through to help your team that could potentially make your team better then my team? Just trying to give u the reason why some people wouldnt like it, but hey, if u want to accept unfair trades and all then go right ahead, if it makes u feel that much better about your team and all"

I responded with with the following quote:
"If someone offered me a trade that is going to help my team, I am going to do it. IW ould not accept anything like Mcmichael for LT or something, but williams for TO was whatever. Everone should know marty does ont try to lose leagues on purpose so he had a reason for making it. If everyone ele has a problem with someone else making their team better, they need to stoi pplaying fantasy sports, becasue that is horse*^&*. Youcant veto t rades just because it makes their team better. I someone makes a stupid move they need to learn from it, its part of playing sports. The ONLY reasons a trade should be vetoed is if it is cheating or insanely infair like Mcmichael for LT. I am severly tired with people who veto trades because they make someone else's team better. That is the more retarded thing in the world. Go out and make your team better then, lol. I have worked really hard trying to be fair and initiate trading and general communication between league members ove rthe last couple years, but I think it may be worth moving on to a different group who isnt so down uptight about vetoing trades because it might make someone else's team better than theirs"

Sorry about the long rant, but I just had to get it off my chest to someone other than the guys in my league who dont like a team getting better. And if I am in the wrong for being a little tired of this crap, then please tell me.
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:17 am

Getting TO for Roy Williams is a stone cold rip off. Ya, Roy has 4 TDs. TO has 5, and there is reason to believe it will continue. Your league had all the right to veto that trade. Trades should not be done for the sake of just trading.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby FF Newbie » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:21 am

That trade was definitely a total rip. I don't know if I would veto it, but I can see why they would.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:23 am

It may have been a ripoff, but it was in all fairness. If the guy who offered the trade is a true competitor and made the trade with honesty then it deserves to go through.

He may believe that Owens won't be able to fit in Philly and Roy will keep up the great pace he has going thus far. I know you are obviously getting the better deal, but there was no collusion involved and trades should not be shot down unless there is cheating.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HunglikeChampions » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:27 am

that is how I felt about it. I know this guy was honest and he even talked to the guy who complained and said hwo he thought roy was a stud. THe veto I half expected but it was the explantion that got me mad. HE said if it makes my team better why would he allow it. I am going to look hard for a league next year with people who share those views on trading as you IRON CHIEF. This group was fun when I was starting out, but they are just a bitter boring group now and I hope to find an active group who shares the same belief of trading next year
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kanezfan11 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:56 am

I don't really think it's too much BS that Roy for TO was vetoed, but I do think it's BS how you explained that almost everything is vetoed if it improves a top team... Is the commish like the only one allowed to make trades? Seems that way.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Challie » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:57 am

This brings up the age old question, should vetoes be used to protect FF idiots from hurting themselves? Or also to prevent teams from benefitting from others' stupidity?

Personally, I think a veto can & should be used in a case of extreme ripoffs, even if there's no collusion. But I wouldn't veto this one - it's imbalanced, sure, but not to a crazy extent.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:26 am

IRON CHEF wrote:It may have been a ripoff, but it was in all fairness. If the guy who offered the trade is a true competitor and made the trade with honesty then it deserves to go through.

He may believe that Owens won't be able to fit in Philly and Roy will keep up the great pace he has going thus far. I know you are obviously getting the better deal, but there was no collusion involved and trades should not be shot down unless there is cheating.

exactly.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:50 am

IRON CHEF nailed it. It's not a trade that I would make by any means (giving up TO for Williams) but both WRs are tearing it up and he may have just felt that Williams was in a better position to keep it up.

Vetoing trades simply to prevent teams from getting better is BS.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Monty » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:54 am

HunglikeChampions wrote:IRON CHIEF

I hate to nitpick, but it's IRON CHEF (as in the TV Show). I also think that you are winning the deal, but if the other manager is serious about this then I dont think the deal should be vetoed
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk